★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Welcome to Lords of Chaos.

Lords of Chaos is a fantasy role playing game designed to be played during your coffee break.

The adventure takes place on a randomly generated island inhabited by weird and wonderful creatures like goblins, gnomes, and dragons. Your character starts the game as level 1 and progresses through to level 10 by slaying enemies. Likewise, all enemy characters are leveled from 1 to 10, level 10 being the Lord of Chaos for that realm.

All elements of a full scale role playing game are present in a simplified format including collecting and using items, learning and casting magic spells, fishing, day and night cycles, random weather effects, character leveling, and boss fights.

The adventure starts nice and easy with the initial game world populated only with wimpy goblins. Every time you defeat a Lord of Chaos the game gets tougher by unlocking a new race of enemy characters and a few new items to help or hinder you in your next adventure.

Can you defeat the Lords of Chaos?
06-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Interesting.

But the first thing i noticed, the bag and the book are obscuring the gameplay. Why are they that big? Even the stats hud could be smaller and give more visuals to the actual gameplay.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
06-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Interesting.

But the first thing i noticed, the bag and the book are obscuring the gameplay. Why are they that big? Even the stats hud could be smaller and give more visuals to the actual gameplay.
Yes. And what's worse is, they stay on screen permanently; there doesn't appear to be a way to remove them.

The concept is great though, even if the execution is severely flawed.