★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Does the real game of the quest star better than the demo?

05-26-2009, 05:07 AM
Does the real game of the quest star better than the demo?

I love rpgs like oblivion but the quest starts weird in the demo. Is it better in the real version?

*title is meant to say start not star

Last edited by Ryan4454; 05-26-2009 at 05:38 AM. Reason: spelling error
05-26-2009, 07:02 AM
There's a light version of the quest?

05-26-2009, 07:09 AM
Send a message via AIM to Kuratsu Send a message via MSN to Kuratsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
There's a light version of the quest?
The Quest Lite

2nd Generation iPod Touch 16GB
Always willing to beta test and provide feedback. PM me.
Follow me on twitter! www.twitter.com/kurasu
05-26-2009, 07:28 AM
no, it is exactly the same
05-26-2009, 08:10 AM
I have the full version of this and I've tried to play it several times - I'm SURE it's great once it gets going but just can't seem to get in to it. Possibly the start isn't the best advert for the longevity and enjoyment the game provides?

I'd love to be persuaded to try one more time...

Jamie.
05-26-2009, 08:20 AM
Well, I love the game, and I am not sure what is "weird" about the beginning of it. I mean, your char is sent to investigate what goes on in Freymore and you do it by undertaking side-quests and exploring. You also hear various hints and rumors about what may be going on. You only get a solid lead on the main quest in the third city you reach - and it is a great approach, IMHO.

BTW, it is possible to transfer the save from the Lite to the full game, so you don't even have to restart if you upgrade.

Favorites: Puzzle Quest, The Quest, Sway, Glyder, Reign of Swords, Flight of the Amazon Queen
05-26-2009, 10:00 AM
I tried the lite and just gave up on it. It was awkard to go anywhere and I had no idea where I was going or what I had to do. In the end it left me bored and frustrated and ended up being deleted which was a shame. I was hoping that I would be wowed and want to get The Quest so I could enjoy an RPG with many hours of adventure time.
05-26-2009, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
I tried the lite and just gave up on it. It was awkard to go anywhere and I had no idea where I was going or what I had to do. In the end it left me bored and frustrated and ended up being deleted which was a shame. I was hoping that I would be wowed and want to get The Quest so I could enjoy an RPG with many hours of adventure time.
yeah me too.
Just get Zenonia instead

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
05-26-2009, 12:26 PM
The Quest is a bit hard to get into. So was Legacy for that matter (the game Redshift made before The Quest). Both of them are definitely worth the perseverance required to get started, though. As far as The Quest is concerned, the beginning of the game is different depending on what race you choose. For those that have struggled to get into the game, maybe trying a different race would make enough of a difference.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
05-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Send a message via AIM to dogmeat
I couldn't really get into the quest either, I don't really know why I bought it. I'm so burned out by "questing" due to playing MMO's for the last 11 years. I'm so tired of reading the same unimaginitive text in games that tells you to go here or there and do a or b.

Artist | Designer
@PixelDogmeat