★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Arabiah $1.99 Lite is out

05-26-2009, 08:10 AM
Arabiah $1.99 Lite is out

This looks very interesting. Has anyone tried this game?

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=316973080&mt=8
05-26-2009, 01:13 PM
Man you have to do a better job than that when announcing games, not everyone has iTunes loaded on the machine being used to browse this forum.
Post pics, the dev ad copy or even a video.

05-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Here's some information, deckard:

Description:
Come explore the mysterious and exotic game of Arabiah! Play this addictive, fun, and beautifully designed action packed puzzle to captivate your senses!

The magnificent sounds and unprecedented graphics will take your gaming experience to the next level.

In the desert sands lies a treasure of knowledge, the ancient Arabic alphabet.

Four rows of stone rotate within an arched doorway to reveal the engraved Arabic letter shapes. Your task is to retrieve the jeweled letters from the treasure bin and place them upon the rotating stone rows.

You'll need the strength of your hand to refresh the letters inside the treasure bin. All it takes is a shake of your iPhone/iPod Touch to reveal a new set of jeweled letters. Do not fear the swaying lamp and clouds of dust... after all, it is ancient. Watch for the swirling bonus letters and place them correctly to collect the diamonds.

Each row turns to gold when completed. Finish all four rows to advance to the next level. Beware, electric lightning tendrils emit from the sand spout alerting you of your impeding fate. Hurry before the sands of time run out!

Your reward is not only your score but the knowledge you have gained.

Features:
  • Unlimited levels
  • Global online high scores server
  • Adjustable difficulty settings
  • Unprecedented graphics
  • Photorealistic Islamic architecture
  • Professional unique themed sounds
  • Customizable sound options
  • All 28 jeweled Arabic letters
  • Multiple Bonus possibilities
  • Bonuses to stop sand flow, double points,
  • match any letter, and make rows gold.
  • Pronunciation of each Arabic letter
  • Dazzling special effects
  • Hidden menu features
  • Hours of addictive gameplay

TIPS:
  • Shake your iPhone/iPod Touch to get new letters
  • Shake to drop the letter you are holding
  • Use your speed, accuracy, and quick strategy to collect the diamonds and gold letters before time runs out!
This highly addictive fun game is recommended for everyone!!!

Screenshots:

It looks pretty interesting.

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!

Last edited by Palfince; 05-26-2009 at 01:25 PM.
05-26-2009, 11:45 PM
Will someone TOFTT soon and give some impressions? My finger is itching. From looking at the screen shots, I'm hoping for something on the level of Azkend, Glyphs, Montezuma, etc...

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby
05-27-2009, 12:36 AM
It must be good, because the developer left himself two 5 star reviews on iTunes to start things off.

Pass.
05-29-2009, 09:50 AM
I just found this thread. I'm the developer of Arabiah (with the help of my wife Thanks guys for all the great reviews and interest in the game. It just hit the AppStore this week, more updates coming.
05-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkaufman View Post
It must be good, because the developer left himself two 5 star reviews on iTunes to start things off.
Pass.
Thanks for saving me $2, i usually check those things but forgot to do it this time and almost bought it.
It really pisses me of when dev's do that.

1st & 2nd gen iPod Touch 3.0
XBL, Plus+ and OpenFeint: TheKrazyRussian
Fav Dev/Game: Self Aware Games / Sentinel 2.
Beta tested for Ngmoco, EA and Insomniac Games.
05-29-2009, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKrazyRussian View Post
Thanks for saving me $2, i usually check those things but forgot to do it this time and almost bought it.
It really pisses me of when dev's do that.
There are now 9 reviews. At least 5 of those aren't by the developer. How do you even know that the developer gave themselves a review?

Why don't you talk to the developer about it instead of just passing off the game just because of that? In fact the developer is on this forum, they wrote the post above you...

It really annoys me when people say developers have given themselves reviews when I don't know how they can be sure. Yes, I know that if they have only rated that one game it is likely but still.

/rant

The game does look pretty good.

We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!
05-29-2009, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palfince View Post
It really annoys me when people say developers have given themselves reviews when I don't know how they can be sure.
It really annoys me when developers are really obvious about leaving reviews for themselves. I don;t like the lying, and I really don't like how stupid they think I am.

Within hours (minutes?) of the game showing up in the store, the following three reviews appeared:

"This game is a must have!"

"Awesome game with excellent graphics!! One of my favorite games!!"

"What a cool game!! I totally got sucked in and kept on playing...fun,fun,fun!!"

I suppose its possible that those reviews are real and that all those people were just instantaly in love with the game and with exclamation points, but I don't believe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palfince View Post
Why don't you talk to the developer about it instead of just passing off the game just because of that? In fact the developer is on this forum, they wrote the post above you...
I saw that. I also noticed that he didn't comment on it. I'll be curious to see if he responds to the accusations at all.

We bust developers who post here pretending to be consumers. How much worse is it for them to do it on iTunes to a much larger audience?

I think that there are enough good games on iTunes (3 new ones today) that I can skip one from a liar even if it might be good.

Michael
05-29-2009, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkaufman View Post
It really annoys me when developers are really obvious about leaving reviews for themselves. I don;t like the lying, and I really don't like how stupid they think I am.

Within hours (minutes?) of the game showing up in the store, the following three reviews appeared:

"This game is a must have!"

"Awesome game with excellent graphics!! One of my favorite games!!"

"What a cool game!! I totally got sucked in and kept on playing...fun,fun,fun!!"

I suppose its possible that those reviews are real and that all those people were just instantaly in love with the game and with exclamation points, but I don't believe it.

I saw that. I also noticed that he didn't comment on it. I'll be curious to see if he responds to the accusations at all.

We bust developers who post here pretending to be consumers. How much worse is it for them to do it on iTunes to a much larger audience?

I think that there are enough good games on iTunes (3 new ones today) that I can skip one from a liar even if it might be good.

Michael
I PMed you. I didn't want this thread to go more off topic than it already has.