★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: 2079

11-22-2008, 10:59 AM

I woke up this morning and decided to purchase an unknown game... After checking the new ones the 2079 caught my attention due the shooter plus board style.

Priced $0.99 I choose it to be my Saturday morning unknown game pick.

And for my surprise it's an interesting game!

You are confined to the board area (see below) and you move your spaceship by tilting the iPhone (very precise I may say) and control your cannon direction using a kind of game pad at bottom right. In addition, you can shake your iPhone to create a board blast with a nice animation touch.

In addition to the enemies shooting you can pick power-ups like any good arcade game has.

I didn't play it too much but I think it's worth to at least check it.
11-22-2008, 12:28 PM
kind of like geometry wars

The game play is similar you use your accelerometer to move and there is another control for shotting. Your little guy runs on a turning cube so you can which alows you to jump from the left side of the screen to the right avoiding enemies. The powerups are nice and the game play is fast and addictive. This one will go far.

It would be nice if there was a mode of play where you could use the whole screen and just be able to jump sides like in pacman. Without the cube spinning. Yes, the whole thing is geometry wars on a spinning cube.

Well worth 0.99$

Last edited by parranoya; 11-22-2008 at 12:31 PM.

11-22-2008, 12:55 PM
going to try it. thanks for the tip.
11-22-2008, 01:39 PM
Better every time!

I guess I should play a game for more than 3 minutes before I rush and post on its awesomeness. It got better ...after shutting it off and playing it again there are modes that are full screen! So this gets a ***** from me ----if you liked geometry wars you should drop 1$ on this.

Its has ingame titl calibration and great powerups ---shield --multipliers ----multishot ---rock drops ...way fun!

But I cant get back onto the revolving cube?!?!?!?
11-22-2008, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parranoya View Post
I guess I should play a game for more than 3 minutes before I rush and post on its awesomeness. It got better ...after shutting it off and playing it again there are modes that are full screen! So this gets a ***** from me ----if you liked geometry wars you should drop 1$ on this.

Its has ingame titl calibration and great powerups ---shield --multipliers ----multishot ---rock drops ...way fun!

But I cant get back onto the revolving cube?!?!?!?
Just go to the main Menu, Select new game then you'll have 2 options: select the second one to the cube.
11-22-2008, 02:38 PM
Faaaaaaaaantastic

Already my favorite game!!!
Perfect in every aspect.

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
11-22-2008, 03:17 PM
nice find. simple/effective game.

arn
11-22-2008, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
Just go to the main Menu, Select new game then you'll have 2 options: select the second one to the cube.

im loving the game too. its definitely the best controls scheme ive come across. my question is that i dont have a revolving cube. there are 2 game options: traditional which is fully zoomed out where you see the entire grid; and a normal (action camera) where the screen is zoomed in and you can scroll the grid but in either case i cant wrap around to the other side. am i missing something? thanks!
11-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
I'm trying to decide if I should buy 2079 or Laser Challenge. They both look pretty cool. Can anyone give me a little review on them? :S

Thanks

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
11-22-2008, 04:33 PM
quick video

Youtube link | Pop Up