★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Pocket Planes - Tips and Tricks Thread

06-16-2012, 10:56 PM
Pocket Planes - Tips and Tricks Thread

This is a thread for guides and tips on how to be successful at Pocket Planes. Feel free to leave any tips that you want to share to others!
06-19-2012, 07:34 AM
Does anyone have any solid tips to get a PP newbie off the ground? I just started the game last night and some tips would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Dave

Plus+ ID: Theamazingdave . My CG and Twitter handle is Daveismyhero.

06-19-2012, 10:49 AM
Layovers spots are useful when trying to get that combo bonus.
But do not sacrifice profit to ferry people around!

Do not buy planes with Bux, buy the parts and then build the plane. (Saves lots of Bux)

Check events page for anything going on near you. These cities often have many more job opportunities so you can make some decent cash with them. Make sure the city is relatively close to get to for most of your planes, that way you will have more gains than losses.

Try to get a 10m Population city as soon as possible as they will provide a massive amount of jobs.

Upgrading weight decreases the cost of flying slightly, thus increasing the profits. (Depending on how you play, this may be more beneficial than buying speed upgrades)

I hope those help!

Last edited by TheChapKid; 06-19-2012 at 10:53 AM.
06-19-2012, 06:06 PM
Join the #TOUCHAECADE flight crew and do your part during events to receive massive bonuses
06-19-2012, 08:34 PM
I'm level 7 now, only have a few cities (6?) and seven planes. I still have a few single-capacity planes at this point. Do I get rid of them? Upgrade them?
06-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringswraith View Post
I'm level 7 now, only have a few cities (6?) and seven planes. I still have a few single-capacity planes at this point. Do I get rid of them? Upgrade them?
I'd make sure I have the parts for some new planes, put the single-capacity planes in the Hangar, scrap them, sell those parts, and then build the new planes with the parts you had before.

GameCenter ID: 0-FeliX-0
Hyped Up For: Wil's Finest Hour
06-20-2012, 03:51 AM
could someone post a clear description of what is a layover and how exactly to use it? thanks in advance

Game Centre I.D - Scarypharaoh
06-20-2012, 06:05 AM
A layover is when you take a person or cargo only part of the way if your plane is out range to its destination.

So say your person needs to get from Calgary to Atlanta, but your plane can only take it as far as Kansas City, you can leave your cargo in KC and take it the rest of the way with the next flight.
06-20-2012, 02:07 PM
Alright so for the next event we have to get stuff to casablanca in Africa. I have all my airports in north-west u.s/Canada and i am level 9. What is the best way for me to be able to reach casablanca? Would i have to go up though Greenland since my planes cant travel across the entire ocean? Is it worth it or should i just wait until i am a higher level to participate in events in other continents?
06-21-2012, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juhkil View Post
Alright so for the next event we have to get stuff to casablanca in Africa. I have all my airports in north-west u.s/Canada and i am level 9. What is the best way for me to be able to reach casablanca? Would i have to go up though Greenland since my planes cant travel across the entire ocean? Is it worth it or should i just wait until i am a higher level to participate in events in other continents?
Here's what I did.

I opened Casablanca, Cordoba and Lisbon. Then I put one of my planes in the hangar and pulled it back out and put it in Casablanca. So, you don't have to fly your plane there. You pay the Bux to get it out of the Hangar.