★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Looking for game suggestions

05-26-2009, 02:14 PM
Looking for game suggestions

Iím looking for some new game suggestions and I think this seems like a good place to get input. I find it very difficult to discover good games that arenít rated in the top 100 (either overall or in their category). I know there is a ton of good stuff out thereÖ the app store layout just makes it difficult to find. Iím honestly not sure why Iím looking for new games eitherÖ I still have quite a few I havenít played yetÖ it seems to be a strange addiction Iíve developed.

So, I like mainly like puzzle/strategy games that require some thinkingÖ not games that only require fast fingers. Also, I donít really like games that use the accelerometer (am I the only one?). I like to either sit or lay in bed and play games without tilting and shaking my ipod constantly. I also prefer games that are $5 or less. Here is a list of some things I already own to give you an idea of what Iím looking for.

Some of my favorites:
Peggle
geoDefense
Frenzic
Strategery
Flight Control
Fieldrunners
Montezuma
Moxie
Textropolis
Stoneloops

Others I like (or have bought but havenít played much yet):
Tiki Towers
Galcon Lite (havenít decided if I should splurge on the full version yet)
The Creeps
Sentinel
Slingshot
Hexy
Strongholds
Gemmed
iFighter
wurdle
Reversi O.T.
Bejeweled
05-26-2009, 02:16 PM
Without a doubt I am going to recommend Toki Tori for $5. There's a review up on the site.

Add me on Plus/OpenFeint/Gamecenter/Crystal: redsoxsrule424
Moderator at Com2uS' forums: http://global.com2us.com/forums
Moderator in IMO: [-MD-]soxrock424 in Siras, on Wadangka!

05-26-2009, 02:19 PM
Adventure's of Archibald
Blocked
The Super Mario 64 port's worth a look
Word-Fu
05-26-2009, 02:20 PM
azkend
bloons
defend your castle
doodle jump
equilibrio
fayju ball
shift
perfect blaance harmony
ragdoll blaster
sky burger
stoneloops
taxiball

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
05-26-2009, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
Adventure's of Archibald
Blocked
Word-Fu
What is the name of the Super Mario 64 game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
I would say PuzzleQuest where RPG meets puzzle. Might not be under $5 but it is well worth the investment. Offers tons Puzzles, a lot of strategy involved, pick up and play and/or play for hours, story mode is about 40+ hours per character or more, a ton of replayability, character customization, a huge map, conquer cities, a pretty good story, multiple save files for all your character classes male or female, and so much more.
05-26-2009, 02:23 PM
It's so hard to respond to these types of threads. I'd recommend just hanging out here and reading what other people are saying. You'll come to your own conclusions. If you don't already have it, buy AppSniper. Use it to see what's new or what's on sale, and then do some research. Go to the iTunes reviews... come here and do a search.

I've never had to make one of these threads, and yet I have had NO trouble filling up my entire springboard. For the record, my latest purchases have been Doodle Jump and iBomber. Teeter Blox was a lot of fun -- it's SHORT, but I think it's currently free, so try it out.
05-26-2009, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
It's so hard to respond to these types of threads. I'd recommend just hanging out here and reading what other people are saying. You'll come to your own conclusions. If you don't already have it, buy AppSniper. Use it to see what's new or what's on sale, and then do some research. Go to the iTunes reviews... come here and do a search.

I've never had to make one of these threads, and yet I have had NO trouble filling up my entire springboard. For the record, my latest purchases have been Doodle Jump and iBomber. Teeter Blox was a lot of fun -- it's SHORT, but I think it's currently free, so try it out.
AppSniper is currently not keeping track of game updates right now, so I would not recommend that you purchase it. Try Pandora Box instead, its free.

05-26-2009, 02:26 PM
Roguelike

Something that is deep and procedurally generated like the old roguelike games. I know there is "RogueTouch", but it is just a straight port. There must be some really nice way to integrate a turn-based game with the limitations of the iPhone.

Matt Giger
Super Deadly Studios