★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Annihilation Arena

05-26-2009, 02:22 PM
#1
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 863
Annihilation Arena



Annihilation Arena

iTunes Link - $1.99

Awesome screenshots @ Developer's Website




Youtube link | Pop Up


Adrenaline Pumping Action Blast-Fest!

Enemies seeking your destruction are constantly swarming into the Arena! You must out maneuver and out shoot them to survive, whilst constantly exploring the area for valuable items and weapons to aid you in battle!

Features:
- Three different Arenas set in varied environments including Ancient Egypt, A Planet of Ice and a Volcanic world
- Eight different weapons including a Flamethrower, Pulse Bomb, Railgun and Laser Minigun
- Special Power-Up items to enhance speed, damage and armor
- Beautifully rendered graphics and optimized OpenGL animation designed specially for the iPhone.
- Action inspiring background music tracks produced by Kulture of Dubstep fame
- Immersive sound effects
- Varied difficulty system for beginners and regular gamers
- Save state functionality ensures you can quit at any time and come straight back to the action where you left off

Controls:
-Control ship movement using the green control pad. Use the red control pad for aiming and firing.
-Change weapon using the arrows either side of your ammo and weapon HUD icon
-Tap the Power-Up icons that appear on the side of the screen to use special items.

iTunes Application Description from AppShopper.com






Last edited by f e a r l e s s; 07-20-2009 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Added additional screenshots
05-26-2009, 02:26 PM
#2
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 1,680
Send a message via AIM to dogmeat
SO whats the point of this game? There seems to be so much hype as to what you can do, but thats it. Are there goals? online scoring? Anything? or is it all about shooting stuff over and over. I would think that would get boring.

Artist | Designer
@PixelDogmeat

05-26-2009, 02:37 PM
#3
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Saratoga, CA, USA
Posts: 11,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmeat View Post
SO whats the point of this game? There seems to be so much hype as to what you can do, but thats it. Are there goals? online scoring? Anything? or is it all about shooting stuff over and over. I would think that would get boring.
Yeah, while no so concerned about online scoring, is there at least some sort of scoring and a system that tracks your best local score for each stage?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-26-2009, 02:39 PM
#4
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Yeah, while no so concerned about online scoring, is there at least some sort of scoring and a system that tracks your best local score for each stage?
If you press play on the youtube video and actually wait 4 seconds, you will find a menu with a highscores option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
This is not Windows, this is Apple, dude
05-26-2009, 02:42 PM
#5
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Saratoga, CA, USA
Posts: 11,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by f e a r l e s s View Post
If you press play on the youtube video and actually wait 4 seconds, you will find a menu with a highscores option.
Yeah, DOH, I just caught that a few seconds after posting, sorry.

But, okay then, do each of these stages go on endlessly or can they be "completed"? I'm hoping endless myself.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-26-2009, 02:46 PM
#6
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 1,680
Send a message via AIM to dogmeat
endless would be awesome, in fact, this looks a lot like powerup forever for the ps3, i would love to see a game like that on the iPhone.

Artist | Designer
@PixelDogmeat
05-26-2009, 02:47 PM
#7
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Saratoga, CA, USA
Posts: 11,778
Another question for you, f e a r l e s s, are the power ups randomly placed (like maybe from a dead baddy's debris) or in pre-scripted spawning points?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-26-2009, 02:58 PM
#8
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Another question for you, f e a r l e s s, are the power ups randomly placed (like maybe from a dead baddy's debris) or in pre-scripted spawning points?
So... by that you want me to TOFTT? I haven't got a chance to buy it yet... Just saw video, website and screenshots. Thought I'd post since no one else bothered. Game looks cool. I'll buy it later today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
This is not Windows, this is Apple, dude
05-26-2009, 03:08 PM
#9
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Saratoga, CA, USA
Posts: 11,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by f e a r l e s s View Post
So... by that you want me to TOFTT? I haven't got a chance to buy it yet... Just saw video, website and screenshots. Thought I'd post since no one else bothered. Game looks cool. I'll buy it later today.
Doh again, I figured, while not the author, you were at least already a player of said game.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-26-2009, 03:45 PM
#10
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 623
Based off screenshots it reminds me or that paradise game. In that game all you did was shoot and shoot. It got boring fast. This game looks good, but I hope there's more to it.

Helvetica will treat you good if you take time to understand her.