★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: * Featured on IGN.com App Update of the day! http://bit.ly/MFr5C3
* Editor's choice at AppTudes! http://bit.ly/LOz7r4

Classic block-puzzler gameplay, brand new world. Take a ball of blocks. Spin the ball to find two blocks the same. Drop a third to make em disappear. Clear down to the centre of the ball. Keep the pace up to get high scores, and collect prizes along the way!

With 49 all-new levels, addictive gameplay, a distinctively oddball sense of humour, and a killer soundtrack by zircon of OC Remix, Globulous is the debut title of the proudly Canadian Firestarter Studios.

AENIGMA's comments:

Looks like Tetrisphere (N64)
06-18-2012, 08:20 AM
Game Impressions

I bought it and while an interesting concept it has proven to be a laggy crashy bit of nonsense on my iPad 1G. Hopefully it will fair better on my iPod Touch 4G.

UPDATE:
Well it was less laggy but still crashy on my iPod Touch 4G.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 06-18-2012 at 08:29 AM.
06-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Crash

Thanks for your feedback, we noticed the crash for a small number of people this morning and have submitted the fix to Apple. Version 1.1 should address your issue.
07-14-2012, 03:55 PM
This is a fun and very nice looking game that runs very smoothly on my iPhone 4S. The soundtrack is ambient and relaxing and is the perfect complement to the casual puzzle gaming experience that Globulous has to offer. I have been on the lookout for a Tetrisphere iOS port so it is great to see the basic gameplay mechanics translated here and done well. In my opinion the game could benefit from the cultivation of more personality including a basic story premise and a modicum of character development in addition to the different gameplay modes found in the original. As it is now, Globulous is very well made, fun to play, and most importantly fills a void for fans of Tetrisphere. I look forward to additional updates and improvements in the future.
07-14-2012, 04:01 PM
Game Impressions

07-27-2012, 02:35 PM
Did this game ever get the update?
It was very jerky when I played it on my 4S.