★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Same as Temple run style game "Escape Bear" to free one day

06-18-2012, 12:36 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Same as Temple run style game "Escape Bear" to free one day

there are some review on youtube compare it to temple.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RRHx46yRnc

Now it is free, I also download it.
I thinks it is not better then temple, but also i can get fun with the game.
If you like some kinds of game like temple run, you can try it.
http://itunes.apple.com/app/escape-bear/id515594361?mt=8
06-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
lmao... all these Temple Run clones are shameful...

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Cardinal Quest 2, Pixel Dungeon, Asdivine Hearts, Super Retro Bros., Storm The Train
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid

06-18-2012, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Temple Run is surely becoming a runner subgenre. LOL

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
06-18-2012, 02:11 PM
This game looks awful
06-18-2012, 02:29 PM
I downloaded it
Played for about five minutes
Turned it off
Forgot about it!!!
06-18-2012, 02:31 PM
Heh he, this one looks kind of funny.
That's two TR clones I seen today, right next to each other.

Edit:
Actually, after playing some of it,
it doesn't feel like temple run at all.

Last edited by Jxsgamer; 06-19-2012 at 02:03 PM.
06-18-2012, 02:52 PM
I have nothing to add except...I just dont get the popularity of these endless runner games. They get boring after a few minutes of gameplay.

Jetpack Joyride blows Temple Run out of the water in my opinion....and even thst game has only so much gameplay until...Zzzzzz boredom city. Subway Surfers is a decent clone.
06-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry Hannahan View Post
I have nothing to add except...I just dont get the popularity of these endless runner games. They get boring after a few minutes of gameplay.

Jetpack Joyride blows Temple Run out of the water in my opinion....and even thst game has only so much gameplay until...Zzzzzz boredom city. Subway Surfers is a decent clone.
I agree! Endless anything gets old quick
06-19-2012, 02:32 PM
Quote:

It's all about preference. Your signature suggest you favor the pretty games. That's your preference.

Dont get me wrong, i like those titles in your favorites too, but in short bursts, i prefer the quick action and satisfaction i get from Endless Runner games. That's just my preference.

Oh and right now, for me, the best runner games (not in particular order) are Zombie Carnaval, Axon Runners, Subway Surfers, Necrorun, Monkey Ninja, Run Roo Run, Mega Run, Tiny Wings, Crazy Control 2 and Probe the Humans. There are others which i myself would say are better than these titles, but these are the ones i enjoy most currently.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 06-19-2012 at 02:37 PM.
06-22-2012, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Quote:
Don't be so quick to judge. Escape Bear isn't an endless runner (though it does have an endless mode for people who prefer that); it's level-based, and each of the 99 levels will have a finish line.