★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: dotBot
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 58.1 MB
  • Version: Third
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: * Tricky levels
* Beautiful graphics
* Fantasy world
* Dynamic, engaging gameplay
* Lots of achievements to unlock

Great side scroller set in beautiful yet dangerous world! Save the princess, beat the monsters, unlock lots of achievements!

marcinb's comments:

• Tricky levels
  • Beautiful graphics
  • Fantasy world
  • Dynamic, engaging gameplay
  • Lots of achievements to unlock

There it is, after months of development Mustachio has finally been released

Mustachio: The Adventure is a classic platformer game. Your aim is to save The Princess who has been kidnapped by (surprise) aliens!

The task won't be easy as Mustachio's world is full of ugly creatures and deadly traps designed to stop you from succeeding. The gameplay is dynamic, levels are demanding and there are over 40 achievements to unlock so you won't be bored!

06-19-2012, 06:10 AM
Looks solid. Anything about the Gameplay Length?

06-19-2012, 06:11 AM
Just bought, will post impressions shortly

Edit - Okay installed. Quite nice 'paper monsters-ish' type graphics. Theres a small d-pad on the left hand side, jump icon on the right. The d-pad is quite small, shame there isnt an option to make it larger

I'll play a bit more later (currently copying/backing up so its running slow). For a standard platformer its not too bad, but the big issue is the control pad which is pretty small.

Getting used to the small d-pad now, its Mario-land-ish as in you jump on the baddies to kill them, get coins. The music can get annoying but i'm enjoying the graphics.

To be fair I think 69p would have been a fair price but as its an indie dev i dont mind paying a bit extra. But when they say 'months of development' i'm stunned not one tester said 'you know that d-pad might be a bit too small' etc.

Last edited by psj3809; 06-19-2012 at 06:28 AM.
06-19-2012, 06:19 AM
I just downloaded it.....ugh. Needs a bit of work to be honest, maybe a few updates might get it going? As of right now, I'm not recommending.
06-19-2012, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
To be fair I think 69p would have been a fair price but as its an indie dev i dont mind paying a bit extra. But when they say 'months of development' i'm stunned not one tester said 'you know that d-pad might be a bit too small' etc.
The d-pad 'sprite' is only a graphical 'suggestion' for a player - the active region is bigger than sprite itself, just slide your finger outside it's bounds and it'll work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku
Anything about the Gameplay Length?
It really depends on your skill - levels are quite hard, right now it should take between 40m-1h to pass first chapter (more coming up if the game gets any reasonable interest)

I have been developing this title with my brother and only in our spare time - this is our first real experience with game dev and we do realize that there is still a lot to learn in this matter (but we are very proud of Mustachio anyways ). Thank you for your feedback guys!
06-20-2012, 03:18 PM
OK I decided to give this one a go because I love platformers. It's not too bad, there's definitely room for improvement. Gamecenter doesn't work and the game lags sometimes. I think the black enemies should be a little brighter or outlined; there've been a few instances where they blend in with the background. I haven't had any problems with the controls they actually work pretty well. Graphics remind my of Swordigo which is a good thing in my book, there could be more detail though. I don't have a problem with the price but I think many will consider it too much especially since there is only one chapter. Checkpoints would be nice or maybe some health. Overall I'm having fun. With more polish and better level design this would be a competent platformer. I hope to see many updates to come.
06-26-2012, 04:03 PM
Now FREE!!!

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.
06-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Game Impressions

well it is a "paper monsters"-feeling game. good graphics and quite solid. blazed through the first 4 levels took me 1 minute each.

only really annoying problem with the game is that it lags big time on my device, sending the enjoyment from the game down the drain.

but for free -- grab this!

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!
06-26-2012, 04:50 PM
I downloaded it just for the epic title.

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.
06-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Looks like fun; about to give this a spin!