★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

App Rejected, But No Idea Why

05-27-2009, 12:06 AM
#1
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 105
App Rejected, But No Idea Why

For a month now, I've been trying to submit an upgrade for my app, but everytime I get this rejection notice:

--------------
Thank you for submitting 30 and Dirty to the App Store. We've reviewed 30 and Dirty and determined that we cannot post this version of your iPhone application to the App Store because it does not adhere to the iPhone Application Programming Guide as outlined in iPhone SDK Agreement section 3.3.5;

"Applications must comply with the Human Interface Guidelines and other Documentation provided by Apple."

On an iPod touch, it is not possible to turn on vibration though your application may feature vibration functionality. Please refer to the attached screenshot.

Please take a look at the "Triggering vibration" section from the iPhone Application Programming Guide.
<http://developer.apple.com/iphone/library/documentation/iPhone/Conceptual/iPhoneOSProgrammingGuide/iPhoneAppProgrammingGuide.pdf>

In order for your application to be reconsidered for the App Store, please resolve these issues and upload your new binary to iTunes Connect.

Should you require more assistance with resolving these issues, Apple Developer Technical Support is available to provide direct one-on-one support for discrete code-level questions. Please be sure to include any crash logs, screenshots or steps to reproduce these issues in your request.

-----------------------

Has anyone gotten that excuse before? From reading that, I just assumed they want me to turn off vibration, but my game does not feature vibration at all..... Any idea what could be wrong?

Currently working on NOTHING.
05-27-2009, 06:19 AM
#2
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: St-Hubert (Quebec), Canada
Posts: 133
You have leave the most important evidence for us to help you...

What is on that screenshot exactly? Normally Apple show you exactly the offending items. Maybe you are showing some kind of alert that should have a vibration? Or the way you say something implies that it should?

Fred

05-27-2009, 08:48 AM
#3
You have to really press them for specifics... but they will eventually give you more info. It tooks days for them to finally tell me which one of our characters looked too much like a public figure for them to approve. Very frustrating.






.
05-27-2009, 10:14 AM
#4
Joined: May 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 199
The quick route would be to resubmit and specify iPhone-only. Then, you can take some time and figure out what to do about the touch.
05-27-2009, 11:56 AM
#5
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intruder_qcc View Post
You have leave the most important evidence for us to help you...

What is on that screenshot exactly? Normally Apple show you exactly the offending items. Maybe you are showing some kind of alert that should have a vibration? Or the way you say something implies that it should?

Fred
hahah, that's the thing! They didn't attach a screenshot at all!

Currently working on NOTHING.
05-27-2009, 11:58 AM
#6
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 105
Alright thanks guys, I'll just re-submit. I sent them an email asking them to be more specific, and they just told me to re-submit it... SIGH.

Currently working on NOTHING.
05-27-2009, 11:41 PM
#7
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 128
what they are saying is,

1. write your ui like apple or at least make it good lol

2. if you have things like vibrate or camera etc settings only make the settings visible to someone who can actually use it. eg. if you have a twitter app and have an option to post pictures, dont show ipod users a button to get a picture from the camera.

3. this is the biggest thing..
dont expect your app to ever make it in, that way you arnt let down when they actually reject you for a bs reason, cause now it seems like they rejected you because you are noob
05-28-2009, 11:48 AM
#8
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Saratoga, CA, USA
Posts: 11,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunami0ne View Post
For a month now, I've been trying to submit an upgrade for my app, but everytime I get this rejection notice:

--------------
Thank you for submitting 30 and Dirty to the App Store. We've reviewed 30 and Dirty and determined that we cannot post this version of your iPhone application to the App Store because it does not adhere to the iPhone Application Programming Guide as outlined in iPhone SDK Agreement section 3.3.5;

"Applications must comply with the Human Interface Guidelines and other Documentation provided by Apple."

On an iPod touch, it is not possible to turn on vibration though your application may feature vibration functionality. Please refer to the attached screenshot.

Please take a look at the "Triggering vibration" section from the iPhone Application Programming Guide.
<http://developer.apple.com/iphone/library/documentation/iPhone/Conceptual/iPhoneOSProgrammingGuide/iPhoneAppProgrammingGuide.pdf>

In order for your application to be reconsidered for the App Store, please resolve these issues and upload your new binary to iTunes Connect.

Should you require more assistance with resolving these issues, Apple Developer Technical Support is available to provide direct one-on-one support for discrete code-level questions. Please be sure to include any crash logs, screenshots or steps to reproduce these issues in your request.

-----------------------

Has anyone gotten that excuse before? From reading that, I just assumed they want me to turn off vibration, but my game does not feature vibration at all..... Any idea what could be wrong?
Sounds like bureaucratic BS to me BUT are they whining about your virtual d-pads perhaps? You clearly have them, I think nicely, off the play screen whereas most of the arena shooters pull the whole semi-transparent thing IN the playfield. My best guess is they have no sense of humor and since now they're even trying to flag, "Hotdog Down a Hallway" they're thinking your game needs some special "mature rating" but they have yet to create such a automated note to this effect? They F'n owe you AT LEAST an explanation, GOSH DANG IT!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-28-2009, 11:51 AM
#9
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Saratoga, CA, USA
Posts: 11,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunknbass View Post
2. if you have things like vibrate or camera etc settings only make the settings visible to someone who can actually use it. eg. if you have a twitter app and have an option to post pictures, dont show ipod users a button to get a picture from the camera.
As reasonable as this sounds I find this unlikely since I can't begin to count how many games on my iPod Touch list vibrate options although the iPod Touch HAS NO ABILITY TO VIBRATE (or does it, I've never experienced this)!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-28-2009, 12:16 PM
#10
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
As reasonable as this sounds I find this unlikely since I can't begin to count how many games on my iPod Touch list vibrate options although the iPod Touch HAS NO ABILITY TO VIBRATE (or does it, I've never experienced this)!
Yeah the whole system is pretty flawed. I've had many strange rejections. One was a simple "knock on wood" app... i made it free, and they rejected it saying it was too simple. Understandable, until I searched for knock on wood in the app store and saw that someone had made a similar app and it was accepted. I'm glad they didn't accept mine, at least some quality control, but they don't seem consistent. Considering the hundreds of press a button to make a fart sound apps