★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Turret Wars ... Out soon!

05-27-2009, 12:14 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Turret Wars ... Out soon!

Well, after a very successful release of Tankz for iPhone/Touch, I am now happy to share what's coming next from Sector3 Games.

It's been a hit game on the desktop, and now Turret Wars iPhone v1.0 is almost ready for release.

Turret Wars is a Realtime (and now also turn based) single player 3D action turret against turret battle game, where the philosophy, "Kill or be killed" has never been truer!

Play one of 4 different Turret Types (more to be released in future updates) against up to 7 random CPU turrets on any of 6 amazing levels.

There are FOUR difficulty levels (Beginner, Advanced, Expert & Insane) as well as a practice mode (for those that need the target practice!).

In higher difficulty levels, the wind factor increases dramatically effecting bomb trajectories for all turrets on the level.

You have unlimited bombs, plus there are Nukes and Homing missile bunkers to shoot that will award you some extra firepower.

There are also shield bunkers, health bunkers and a comms tower to find and destroy.

Enemy bombers fly overhead dropping devastating bombs on the play-field effecting all in an expanding explosion radius.

Also, in Expert and Insane difficulties, when a CPU turret is destroyed, a drop ship flies in and spawns a new one in a random location near the destroyed turret, so 7 enemies can easily turn into 14, or more!

Turret Wars has Global online scores and a comprehensive Global ranks system.

More info and screenies to come soon :-)

Seon R :: Lead Code Monkey
3 Sprockets - Website
Twitter: @3Sprockets
05-27-2009, 12:16 AM
Looks good, you got a video?

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper

05-27-2009, 12:30 AM
No, not yet, but soon. I will keep posting more info to this thread as development finishes off, including a final feature list, more screen grabs and of course a gameplay video :-)

3 Sprockets - Website
05-27-2009, 09:28 AM
Looks beast, my card has been depleted very badfully thisvlast week..

Hey, anyone remember me? I used to be the #1 in Pygmies Eaten by T-Rex in PG.

I love to beta test. I've done about 5 or 6 apps. You can PM me if you want, I'm running an 8GB ipod Touch 2nd Generation. 3.1.2 Software also. Thanks.
05-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Looks really fun! I might get this
05-27-2009, 11:31 AM
What is the timing for this?
05-27-2009, 02:20 PM
Im going to definitely pick this up!

Add me on Plus/OpenFeint/Gamecenter/Crystal: redsoxsrule424
Moderator at Com2uS' forums: http://global.com2us.com/forums
Moderator in IMO: [-MD-]soxrock424 in Siras, on Wadangka!
05-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Albie View Post
What is the timing for this?
Final development and QA should be wrapped up in about 2 weeks (or less) and then its just a mater of submission/approval time.

It was closer, but I decided to add more levels :-) never a bad thing!

3 Sprockets - Website
05-27-2009, 08:22 PM
You just try and cram as much in the first release as you can, I like that.

Hey, anyone remember me? I used to be the #1 in Pygmies Eaten by T-Rex in PG.

I love to beta test. I've done about 5 or 6 apps. You can PM me if you want, I'm running an 8GB ipod Touch 2nd Generation. 3.1.2 Software also. Thanks.
05-27-2009, 08:36 PM
This looks good. But I'm curious, seonr, do you have any plans to port StuntMania? That was a fun game

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein