iPad: The Day I Tried... (a zombie simulation game)

06-28-2012, 09:55 AM
#11
Seems interesting. Will keep an eye on this.
06-28-2012, 01:39 PM
#12
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 536
Does look like you've got an interesting idea here. Could you give a little more info about the goal of the game? Are you controlling a group of survivors? Are you getting the zombies to attack survivors? Just any sort of info about what you're supposed to do in the game would be great.

Also... Do you have a time frame for release?

Thanks, and best of luck with the game and everything else...

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5

06-28-2012, 04:14 PM
#13
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickWit View Post
Does look like you've got an interesting idea here. Could you give a little more info about the goal of the game?
Hi, thanks for your interest. Sure, the goal of the game is to survive. How you survive is up to the player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickWit View Post
Are you controlling a group of survivors? Are you getting the zombies to attack survivors? Just any sort of info about what you're supposed to do in the game would be great.
This is a human survival story where the zombies are the enemy. In some levels you are by yourself. In others you are protecting your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickWit View Post
Also... Do you have a time frame for release?
My plan is to release this year - TBD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickWit View Post
Thanks, and best of luck with the game and everything else...
Thank you. I'm planning on releasing another video very soon. This will have additional details and will feature some gameplay.
06-30-2012, 04:21 PM
#14
Zombies again. I think there've been too many zombies recently... Would like to see something new...
07-13-2012, 10:46 AM
#15
Two new screen shots showing gameplay

First one shows spilled oil catching fire. Second one shows the player using the flamethrower weapon.

(Follow the image links to see iPad retina versions.)








Last edited by iandunlop_oeFun; 07-13-2012 at 11:37 AM. Reason: 2nd image was wrong URL.
07-13-2012, 05:16 PM
#16
I'm tired of zombie games, but this has me really interested. Looks like a great combo of simulation and cuteness
07-14-2012, 10:15 AM
#17
I like the idea behind this. But I have to ask: is the game set up with levels or is there an open world to reach goals?
Cause I can see this game going great with game center; with people competing to survive for the longest amount of time - in points or even days.

Game center: sebattytan
07-14-2012, 01:06 PM
#18
Quote:
Originally Posted by seo25 View Post
I like the idea behind this. But I have to ask: is the game set up with levels or is there an open world to reach goals?
Thanks.

There are multiple "levels" that make up the games world. What you see in the images are small portions of a single level. Each level is an open sandbox where the experience is driven by the player. How those different parts are connected is still to be fully determined (i.e. whether we progress in a linear fashion or can travel back and forth).
07-18-2012, 02:25 AM
#19
New developer video showing the player controls in action and some gameplay. I'm interested to hear any comments / feedback regarding the player controls. Thanks!


Youtube link | Pop Up
07-19-2012, 11:48 AM
#20
Quote:
Originally Posted by iandunlop_oeFun View Post
New developer video showing the player controls in action and some gameplay. I'm interested to hear any comments / feedback regarding the player controls. Thanks!

YouTube: video
This is 💩💩💩💩ing awesome! Can't wait for the release! And I really like that gamecenter icon in the menu! Whats your twitter?