★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Jump Dewds! by Graveck [Free, Universal] Coin-Grabbing, Lava-Dodging Madness

06-19-2012, 02:23 PM
Jump Dewds! by Graveck [Free, Universal] Coin-Grabbing, Lava-Dodging Madness

Here at Graveck (makers of Skee-Ball for the iOS) we're proud to announce our newest game: Jump Dewds!

After a long silence, we wanted to return to the App Store with a bang. After the success of Skee-Ball we knew we had our work cut out for us to create another hit game. We’ve spent countless hours prototyping, developing, and refining Jump Dewds. From the beginning of development, we were dedicated to make the lovable Dewds star in a game fitting of their endless charm. I think we pulled it off and hope you agree. There are a ton of features we’re excited about, but here are the highlights:
  • Free!
  • Universal!
  • 17 Dewds, each with a unique jump for different styles of play.
  • 6 beautiful environments of increasing difficulty.
  • Powerups to help you on your quest to hoard coins.
  • Game Center Achievements and Leaderboards.
  • Synchronous Multiplayer!!
  • Amazing original sound track.
  • Dynamic, chaotic gameplay that freshens up a tried-and-true mechanic.

We would love to hear what you think.

06-19-2012, 02:44 PM
everyone should check this out.. great game although the powerups and the dewds in the shop are very expensive..

Game Center: sink_or_swim

06-19-2012, 03:07 PM
Great game! Only problem is the prices of the dewds are expensive. And they are needed to complete some missions. Grinding necessary.
06-19-2012, 03:25 PM
Great job, next fantastic jumping game but price of inapps...
06-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Will play this because of how Dude is spelled. I prefer Dood, but Dewd is fine.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
06-19-2012, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the kind words and the feedback.

To be quite honest, I'm a little surprised that many feel the Dewds are too expensive -- so that's very good feedback to know! We'll make sure to keep our eyes closely on it. I guess it's always easier to lower prices than raise them.

One thing to consider is that as you progress and improve your skill, it's easier to earn more coins per round; furthermore, later levels rain down coins at a much faster rate. During testing, it was not uncommon for a more advanced player to earn 500 coins in a round. Later levels if you have power-ups, it's in the realm of possibility to get 1000+ coins per round.

For those of you who commented on prices being too high, I would love to hear your thoughts again down the road if you advance through the game a while. Economy is a really hard thing to balance so we're very appreciative of the feedback you've already given us and any you give us down the road. The last thing we want is for people to drop Jump Dewds because prices are frustratingly high!
06-19-2012, 06:53 PM
Game Impressions

Nice endless game, and with multiplayer, now I hope people notice this so we can battle online... Only played a few times and I got very few coins, and looking at the Dewds and upgrades they seems very expensive (are upgrades consumable??), aside that, great concept, animations, graphics and the gameplay seems interesting... it has missions, different characters,... going to play some more
06-19-2012, 08:04 PM
Nice quality game I've been playing off and on for a couple of days but I'm having a hard time motivating myself to continue
Coins don't come easy and games don't last too long because they don't!!
IAP are far too expensive
250,000 coins 4.99
Double coins forever 1.99
100 revive coins 19.99 for a total of $26.97
The amount of coins needed to let's say unlock some of the characters is huge so....
Even if I was to get the double coins the grinding would be an unknown factor at this time
Having a hard time scratching my head over this one and why one should need 100 revives?
Oh well I guess time will tell what to do
06-20-2012, 03:24 AM
I weren't mind some directional controls with a tap to jump.
I don't really like the tilt controls to a game like this.
06-20-2012, 03:37 AM
I usually don't like tilting too but it fits here

Last edited by TheFrost; 06-20-2012 at 03:41 AM.