★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Hero Of Sparta LITE released

05-27-2009, 01:28 AM
Hero Of Sparta LITE released

Hero of Sparta LITE by Gameloft was released. 25mb of memory. Will Gameloft start doing this for all their major games?

Only 1 level in the LITE version

Link

Quote:
Try the FREE Lite version of Hero of Sparta out, the best action game for iPhone / iPod touch. Already acclaimed by the players and press!

“A thrilling action game loaded with cinematic flair”, “Make it one of your next downloads.” (IGN, 9/10, Editor's Choice Award). “One of the best iPhone games of the year” according to PocketGamer (8/10, Silver Award).

Take up the maddest challenge in this colossal full-3D odyssey: be prepared for hours of gaming and visual enjoyment.

Plunge into the heart of action with the FULL version features:
- iPhone-specific controls: move your hero with the virtual analogue stick and unleash his power by performing touch screen combos.
- Total 360° experience: move and fight freely in 3D through the 8 levels and their majestic environments.
- Face legions of enemies and the most phenomenal mythical creatures: Cerberus, the Cyclops and other foes worthy of your strength!
- 5 weapons to upgrade and fabulous items to collect.

It's your chance to write your own legend... if you can survive this mythic adventure.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by salsamd; 05-27-2009 at 10:17 AM.
05-27-2009, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iD[Alan] View Post
Will Gameloft start doing this for all their major games?
I hope so, i have been wanting to try their Golf game.
Is it anything like Sony's Hot Shots Golf?

1st & 2nd gen iPod Touch 3.0
XBL, Plus+ and OpenFeint: TheKrazyRussian
Fav Dev/Game: Self Aware Games / Sentinel 2.
Beta tested for Ngmoco, EA and Insomniac Games.
05-27-2009, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKrazyRussian View Post
I hope so, i have been wanting to try their Golf game.
Is it anything like Sony's Hot Shots Golf?
I havent played Hot Shots Golf but Let's Golf is really fun. You can win tournaments to customize the 4 characters to improve their abilities.
05-27-2009, 01:47 AM
Another classic case of "Sending in a free demo after 3+ months release of the full version"....

Who wants to buy this already bought.
And those bored by this one are already dead...

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

“Honestly, I was never terribly good at games.” - Finch (PoI S2E16)
05-27-2009, 01:49 AM
Hero of Sparta PWNS Assassins Creed IMO. More epic, more music, less... Lame, more fun.

back
05-27-2009, 01:56 AM
I hated this game with a passion. It's basically a tech demo. So his cape moves as he runs, so they're crappy yet epic cut-scenes, big deal. The gameplay was boring and below average. And NOW they release a lite version?! F*** you, Gameloft!
05-27-2009, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
I hated this game with a passion. It's basically a tech demo. So his cape moves as he runs, so they're crappy yet epic cut-scenes, big deal. The gameplay was boring and below average. And NOW they release a lite version?! F*** you, Gameloft!
There probably releasing lite versions because of poor sales in their apps. Assassin Creed/Real Soccer 09 is the only games in the Top 100 for Gameloft and they deducted the price on all their apps
05-27-2009, 02:27 AM
Gameloft needs to eat a slice of humble pie...

No matter how good your games are if no one is buying them then drop the price! (Oh and $1 off of a $6 game isnt enough)

Learn to work with the customer instead of a take it or leave it attitude Gameloft.
05-27-2009, 02:40 AM
How NOT to promote games in iTunes Store

(referred without permission from MuttonCurryPot blog, cause I am the author...)

#1. Do not drop the price within the first 24 hours of roll out, it pisses off all your fans and early adopters, definitely. (a la Star Trek US$4.99 -> 2.99)

#2. Roll out the free demo version after 3+ months of the full version , because who wants to buy has already bought, and you are not convincing anyone, or sadly, nobody remembers your game anymore. (Too numerous cases to quote)

#3. Roll out a paid-for "lite" version before the full game. There is not upgrade policy in iTunes Store and who has the incentive to pay you twice when they know the full one is coming? (Classical case: Red Bull Air Race Championship)

#4. Describe your game as "addictive" without realising that all real addictive stuff charges much more than your price level...

(more to come, of course...)

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

“Honestly, I was never terribly good at games.” - Finch (PoI S2E16)