★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Jetman Jack - the best new "Helicopter Game" on the iPhone

05-27-2009, 02:02 AM
Jetman Jack - the best new "Helicopter Game" on the iPhone

First and foremost, I love the site and everything about it and check it pretty much daily but don't regular the forums because I spend most of my time at MacRumors.com

My business partner and I (20 year old college students) recently created an iPhone game and were hoping to get feedback from everyone. We are a small boutique company called "Axium Interactive" are are essentially only a 2 man team.

It's a retro/arcade throwback to the 1985 NES era we all know and love. The unique 8-bit graphics and tight controls make this an app you're not gonna want to miss. It's essentially "the Helicopter Game" or "Jetman from Facebook" but 100x better looking with better controls.

It truly is a game you can't put down. Let me know any and all feedback, criticisms, thoughts, likes, dislikes and more...

I'm not trying to really promote the application here - I just want some feedback. If anyone has any questions about the development process..feel free to ask away.

Links....

www.itunes.com/app/jetmanjack
www.twitter.com/jetmanjack
www.jetmanjack.com

best,

Jack

--
05-27-2009, 02:12 AM
lol...there are 3 five star reviews so far, one's from the dev (above) the other one sounds like he's a dev too, that's dirty.
I'll let someone TOFTT on this one.

1st & 2nd gen iPod Touch 3.0
XBL, Plus+ and OpenFeint: TheKrazyRussian
Fav Dev/Game: Self Aware Games / Sentinel 2.
Beta tested for Ngmoco, EA and Insomniac Games.

05-27-2009, 02:13 AM
Hello and welcome to TA, Jack No more lurking for you!
05-27-2009, 02:20 AM
Suggestion to dev;
You should add one more pic of the gameplay on your App Store page, if you can't add it then remove one of the high score pics.
You should also make a video of the gameplay and put that on YouTube, be sure to write (in your game descpription) there's a video out there.

1st & 2nd gen iPod Touch 3.0
XBL, Plus+ and OpenFeint: TheKrazyRussian
Fav Dev/Game: Self Aware Games / Sentinel 2.
Beta tested for Ngmoco, EA and Insomniac Games.
05-27-2009, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKrazyRussian View Post
lol...there are 3 five star reviews so far, one's from the dev (above) the other one sounds like he's a dev too, that's dirty.
I'll let someone TOFTT on this one.
What's wrong with giving your own app a 5-star review? My partner Matt hasn't commented/reviewed yet, but one of the reviews IS from a good friend. Is that so wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKrazyRussian View Post
Suggestion to dev;
You should add one more pic of the gameplay on your App Store page, if you can't add it then remove one of the high score pics.
You should also make a video of the gameplay and put that on YouTube, be sure to write (in your game descpription) there's a video out there.
Thanks so much for the suggestion. Will definitely put another gameplay shot up ASAP. Funny that you mention the demo video, it's rendering as we type.
05-27-2009, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackarcher View Post
What's wrong with giving your own app a 5-star review? My partner Matt hasn't commented/reviewed yet, but one of the reviews IS from a good friend. Is that so wrong?
So long as it is an honest review, I don't have a problem with that. If other reviews illustrate a discrepancy, your objectivity will be called into question and you may lose credibility.

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
05-27-2009, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starjimstar View Post
So long as it is an honest review, I don't have a problem with that. If other reviews illustrate a discrepancy, your objectivity will be called into question and you may lose credibility.
Thanks for your input. No worries here, the review was honest -- hopefully we'll see a flood more of them soon.
05-27-2009, 04:01 AM
This is a two-man team and there's absolutely nothing wrong with 1 review from his partner. I mean, come on, even Gameloft has heaps of fake reviews back in the early days. Just look at the first few reviews on their Real Football or Asphalt. Those languages are clearly not everyday's language and can only mean made up reviews.

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
05-27-2009, 04:08 AM
meh.
yet another copter clone?
05-27-2009, 06:38 AM
So the graphics are 8bit and the player sprite is 16bit?