Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-20-2012, 03:24 PM
Banned

On The New iPad (3Gen) looks really nice.. Trust me :-)
Old 06-20-2012, 05:20 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Looks too familiar to A Monster ate my Homework to justify buying...
Old 06-20-2012, 08:14 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I love these 3d physics based destruction games.

Is it just me but my iPod 4G seemed to be getting really hot while playing this?
Which it doesn't normally do.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:06 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Not making this game work on a third gen device is a sign of bad programming. This could have totally worked on a third gen device.

So, no buy for me.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:56 AM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

I want to get excited about this, but all I see is it going free in a few weeks. It looks like it might be fun... But not original or new enough to warrant a buy, I don't think.

Seems like maybe a Monsters ate my Homework/Save Toshi kinda thing...
Old 06-21-2012, 02:13 AM

In-Game achievements? Really? Game Center is integrated for leaderboards but the achievements are in-game only. That makes absolutely no sense. How hard could it be to have the achievements linked with GC?
Old 06-21-2012, 04:54 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Default Game Impressions

Well, I played a good amount of levels and so far this is an Angry Birds in 3D (takes a bit from Monsters Ate My Homework, and Siege Hero). Watching the fish crush the castle in 3D looks gorgeous. Its beautiful. Also the stages are too. This game has a lot of eye candy

Its not as well made as Shark Dash in terms of fun or level design, but its close.

One thing I don't like is the time it takes to load (specially on the first load) or the fact that there isn't any gameplay music.

If your are a huge fan of the games I mentioned earlier, get this now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraser74 View Post
Not making this game work on a third gen device is a sign of bad programming. This could have totally worked on a third gen device. So, no buy for me.
Loading would take a bit too long to handle on those devices
Old 06-21-2012, 09:57 AM

Well, there is a gameplay music, but we had to disable in on 3rd gen devices, game rendered about 50% slower. We decided to disable music on these devices to keep the frame rate as high as possible, sorry about that.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:39 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by craneballs View Post
Well, there is a gameplay music, but we had to disable in on 3rd gen devices, game rendered about 50% slower. We decided to disable music on these devices to keep the frame rate as high as possible, sorry about that.
You created a gorgeous game Craneballs... really pretty. And the gameplay is getting to me too, its actually quite enjoyable to watch your fish go intro the castle in 3D and creating destruction. And the aiming gives this more of a tactic approach that the other games. And I like all the giggling/laughing noises (what attracted me on the first place), and the ocean sound. I'm liking it more and more as I keep playing... specially the big mean shark
Old 06-21-2012, 10:43 AM

I think the game is great but... of course there is a but - no fast app switching? Have to load the game again each time? It is a pick up and play game! My time to play has passed when the loading screen finishes (which is a darn long loading screen btw). (ok it fast app switched if I went back to it in a few minutes but wait an hour or two and bam lost) And as someone mentioned - in game achieves but not in Game Center? How can I compare to my friends that way? Really?

Craneballs - you guys have made some really quality stuff and to be honest I expected perfection from you at this point. Maybe that is harsh of me, and sorry if it is, but I bought this because of your reputation and past products thinking - yeah they have all those kinks worked out and this will be great! Fast app switching is a must - it is useless to me to have a wonderful game and have to wait for it to load when I might be in line and want to play but oh wait it is still loading - ok I will pop bubbles in the meantime - no, will play something else. Please fix this, I am sure it is something you can do along with syncing those achieves to GC.

Gameplay itself is awesome - not sure where people are getting the Monsters Ate my Homework thing - maybe cuz I didn't get into that game so I don't get that - Siege Hero - similar but you can swipe around the world in 3D and Save Toshi? Hmm - different objective there. How about just a new variant on the catapult games - I hate saying this is "like" something else cuz every game is "like" something else in some way or another. And that might be my bias speaking since I do like this sort of game, so take that for what it is worth - I can't get enough of them so I am happy when a new one comes out - like another or not!

And though I don't mind paying for it at all, it does have the "will be free in a week" vibe to it unfortunately. Here is a prediction since it has happened to me loads of times - it will go free when that "coming soon" level pack goes live as an IAP!