Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-21-2012, 10:03 AM

Loving this game, thanks devs.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post

Craneballs - you guys have made some really quality stuff and to be honest I expected perfection from you at this point. Maybe that is harsh of me, and sorry if it is, but I bought this because of your reputation and past products thinking - yeah they have all those kinks worked out and this will be great! Fast app switching is a must - it is useless to me to have a wonderful game and have to wait for it to load when I might be in line and want to play but oh wait it is still loading - ok I will pop bubbles in the meantime - no, will play something else. Please fix this, I am sure it is something you can do along with syncing those achieves to GC.
Thanks for your input man, we're already working on the gamecenter thingy as well as iCloud sync(!), so you can continue playing on other devices of yours.
We'll also look at the fast switching.

Going free is a last option we will use to keep this game in charts if it doesn't hold up, but we truly believe it will do well! I can promise we won't go free with this one anytime soon.

Can't tell you anything specific about the upcoming levels, but they will have the new fun gameplay elements.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:40 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Why achievements are not in Game Center?
Old 06-21-2012, 11:57 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by craneballs View Post
Thanks for your input man, we're already working on the gamecenter thingy as well as iCloud sync(!), so you can continue playing on other devices of yours.

Going free is a last option we will use to keep this game in charts if it doesn't hold up, but we truly believe it will do well! I can promise we won't go free with this one anytime soon.

Can't tell you anything specific about the upcoming levels, but they will have the new fun gameplay elements.
Awesome, all of it
Old 06-21-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
I think the game is great but... of course there is a but - no fast app switching? Have to load the game again each time? It is a pick up and play game! My time to play has passed when the loading screen finishes (which is a darn long loading screen btw). (ok it fast app switched if I went back to it in a few minutes but wait an hour or two and bam lost)
The thing is, New England Gamer, that Fish Heroes needs A LOT of memory. And, as you're saying, if you come back in few hours, when you played something else, this memory had to be freed. Thus is needs to relaunch. But, we'll try to fix that.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:55 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Default Load times

Quote:
The thing is, New England Gamer, that Fish Heroes needs A LOT of memory. And, as you're saying, if you come back in few hours, when you played something else, this memory had to be freed. Thus is needs to relaunch. But, we'll try to fix that.
so far I have not experienced unduly long load-times. But glad Craneballs are working on memory issues that may affect other users!!
Old 06-21-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Thanks so much for addressing my concerns and laying out your future plans etc. That is one reason I respect you guys so much and your games are an instant one purchase for me - you tell it like it is and don't get defensive as some developers have been lately.

And as far as upcoming stuff goes? There is a ton there already and since I am a perfectionist going for 3 stars I can't imagine I will run out of stuff to do anytime soon!

Thanks again, this is a really great game.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:44 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Terrific game. One of the posts above reads as if the dev is working on implementing iCloud sync, but it's already there, isn't it? I don't see it in the iCloud storage section in Settings.app, but progress does appear to be syncing between my iPhone and iPad.

Anyway, again -- great game. It's rare that I breeze through an iOS game this quickly, but I've nearly finished all of the levels in this one.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:25 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Can anyone compare this to the recent Chillingo release of Catapult King?
Old 06-27-2012, 01:19 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:

Believe me, you just need to make great marketing with this on and 100% it will be in the top!