App description: Take command and see your Troopers devastate a rampaging alien horde! Issue orders in real time or use the Tactical Mode for detailed manouvers. Fight your way through the campaign, unlock powerful upgrades and challenging extra game modes. Load up and save the Earth now!

REVIEWS:

"Anyone that wants to engage in a little alien annihilation need to check this game out."
- Touch Arcade 4/5

"A great balance between action and strategy"
- Apple'n'Apps 4/5

"There are 30 missions, with five upgradable trooper types, making for a long-lasting challenge."
- The Guardian

"Erfrischende Spielidee mit Tower-Defense- und Echtzeitstrategieelementen."
- ireviewt.com 4/5

DESCRIPTION

Boom Brigade 2 is an action packed experience combining line drawing, top down shooter and real time strategy. The game features a hand crafted campaign with 30 missions and several quick play modes with Game Center leaderboards.

Active defense warfare has never been this effective: Draw paths to your Troopers, and they'll blast aliens within weapon range automatically.

Pause the action with Tactical Mode when things get hectic. Find the best combination of upgrades and tactics to earn five stars in each mission. Trigger devastating powerups for extra mayhem!

Boom Brigade 2 includes all the Troopers form Boom Brigade plus a new class, the Sniper. The Sniper excels at obliterating priority targets from a great distance.

View trailer at bit.ly/bb2video

FEATURES

- Explosive action against a rampaging alien horde
- Five unlockable upgrades for each character
- A hand crafted campaign including 30 missions
- Varying types of alien enemies that require different tactics
- Survival levels with leaderboards
- Other interesting quick game modes like "Medical Emergency" with leaderboards
- Over a dozen achievements

Sanuku's comments:

06-20-2012, 07:09 PM
Anyone played this game yet? What's it like?
06-20-2012, 07:48 PM
Do you think it will be a short game?
And what about replay value?
06-20-2012, 08:04 PM
$3.49?? Is that right? Think it's probably $2.99 U.S.

Does look pretty good.
06-20-2012, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJay View Post
Do you think it will be a short game?
And what about replay value?
I think it has a lot of replay value due to how it handles the game's 4 unit types. Each of these 4 guys can be equipped 6 different ways, each option with its own pros and cons.

Take the machine gunner, for example. His default machine gun is rapid firing, relatively low damage, and must be reloaded every hundred shots (not sure on exact ammo size but just go with me for a bit here). After a mission or two he'll have the option to switch to the mini gun. The mini gun means more damage per shot but is a little slower firing and, as it is so heavy (some "mini" gun, eh), the guy carrying it will be a bit slowed down and it carries about the same ammo capacity before reloads. Later you get an even newer option with the infinite ammo gun. It fires about as fast as the standard gun, does a little less damage, but NEVER needs to be reloaded!

Which of those 3 is truly the best option? They all have their own advantages and disadvantages and now imagine having to make similar choices with the other 3 classes of characters when equipping for a mission? You can really customize things to your style of play.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Is there any IAP in this?
06-20-2012, 09:05 PM
Did the company do a decent job with updates for the first game? I have some vague recollection that folks were unhappy the game was abandonded relatively quickly. Could be wrong. First game was very fun though.

Use The Code JFLF5HT To Get 50% More Coins In Combat Monsters!
06-20-2012, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNJ View Post
Did the company do a decent job with updates for the first game? I have some vague recollection that folks were unhappy the game was abandonded relatively quickly. Could be wrong. First game was very fun though.
I was one of the big fans of the original, and while I was a bit dissapointed that the updates came out later than we had hoped -- they did come out eventually. Lately, the company has been pretty good with their other games, after all, the original did come out, what, 2-3 years ago?

I'll be getting this one tonight. To be honest, the original didn't really need the updates, they were extra for me, so I wouldn't worry about not getting updates.
06-21-2012, 01:39 AM
Boom Brigade 2 includes a campaign/story mode with 30 missions. The campaign is intended to offer several hours of entertainment the first time around, and going for a full five star rating in each mission will probably more than double the number.

There are also various survival game modes.

Work on the first update with extra content is well underway. The current plan is to release it in 1-2 weeks. We don't have a definitive schedule beyond the first update, but as game developers often do, we have ideas coming out of our ears

There are no In App Purchases in Boom Brigade 2.

Please keep the impressions coming, we really like to hear what you think.

10tons.com Facebook Latest release: Crimsonland