★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Forever Lost: Episode 1 - New Adventure Game Coming Soon! - [ Universal ]

06-28-2012, 08:57 AM
#41
Does anyone want any more screenshots?

Also, do you know what the average size of your adventure games are? Are game has gotten very big size wise so will most likely have to split it into phone/tablet versions and just wondering what peoples thoughts are on that?
06-28-2012, 10:07 AM
#42
It's not that I don't want any more screen shots, but I think we've gotten a good feel for what's coming. As for the average adventure game size, it's really all over the map. I've had some that are as small as 25 to 30 MB, and then there are some (like many of the Anuman games) that top 500 to 600 MB or more. I'm going to be a bit selfish here and say that the size doesn't matter to me if it's universal, because I'll just play it on my iPad. However, to be fair to non-iPad users, especially unfortunate folks that have an iPod Touch 4, you might want to have two versions. I wouldn't do an iPad vs. iPhone version, though. I would do an iPhone and then a universal. But, that's just me and I'm not a developer yet.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre

06-28-2012, 02:55 PM
#43
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointOfLight View Post
It's not that I don't want any more screen shots, but I think we've gotten a good feel for what's coming. As for the average adventure game size, it's really all over the map. I've had some that are as small as 25 to 30 MB, and then there are some (like many of the Anuman games) that top 500 to 600 MB or more. I'm going to be a bit selfish here and say that the size doesn't matter to me if it's universal, because I'll just play it on my iPad. However, to be fair to non-iPad users, especially unfortunate folks that have an iPod Touch 4, you might want to have two versions. I wouldn't do an iPad vs. iPhone version, though. I would do an iPhone and then a universal. But, that's just me and I'm not a developer yet.
I probably got a bit screenshot happy :-)

I think a iPhone and then Universal one would work perfectly, hadn't actually thought of doing it that way so thanks!

Do they usually get called "Game Name" and "Game Name HD" ?
06-28-2012, 03:02 PM
#44
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitchGames View Post
I probably got a bit screenshot happy :-)

I think a iPhone and then Universal one would work perfectly, hadn't actually thought of doing it that way so thanks!

Do they usually get called "Game Name" and "Game Name HD" ?
Unfortunately there is no "usual" when it comes to naming. I've seen iPhone only games called "HD". Other times they'll call the iPad version "some name" and the iPhone version "some name for iPhone". Personally, I like "some name" for iPhone and "some name HD" for iPad / Universal. That makes the most sense to me.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
06-29-2012, 06:28 AM
#45
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointOfLight View Post
Unfortunately there is no "usual" when it comes to naming. I've seen iPhone only games called "HD". Other times they'll call the iPad version "some name" and the iPhone version "some name for iPhone". Personally, I like "some name" for iPhone and "some name HD" for iPad / Universal. That makes the most sense to me.
Yea that's what I was thinking, so we will go with "Forever Lost: Episode 1" and "Forever Lost: Episode 1 HD"

We're not sure if we are going to use individual episode names or just stick with Episode 1 etc yet though.
06-29-2012, 07:48 AM
#46
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitchGames View Post
Yea that's what I was thinking, so we will go with "Forever Lost: Episode 1" and "Forever Lost: Episode 1 HD"

We're not sure if we are going to use individual episode names or just stick with Episode 1 etc yet though.
My personal opinion is that even though it makes the name longer, if you go with "subtitles" I'd still leave at least an Ep. 1, Ep. 2 designation. That way people know what order the games go in

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
06-29-2012, 07:53 AM
#47
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointOfLight View Post
My personal opinion is that even though it makes the name longer, if you go with "subtitles" I'd still leave at least an Ep. 1, Ep. 2 designation. That way people know what order the games go in
Make sense to me

Game center:dreadnokv1/ Twitter:@dreadnokv1
Ravenmark:Scourge of Estellion Best TBS since Advance Wars http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/raven...6806?ls=1&mt=8
06-29-2012, 09:00 AM
#48
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointOfLight View Post
My personal opinion is that even though it makes the name longer, if you go with "subtitles" I'd still leave at least an Ep. 1, Ep. 2 designation. That way people know what order the games go in
Yea definately going to leave Ep/Episode 1 etc in, just not sure if we need something along the lines of:

"Game Name: Episode 1 - The Case of the Missing Shoe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnok View Post
Make sense to me
Good good :-)
06-29-2012, 09:08 AM
#49
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitchGames View Post
Yea definately going to leave Ep/Episode 1 etc in, just not sure if we need something along the lines of:

"Game Name: Episode 1 - The Case of the Missing Shoe"
Usually doesn't hurt (unless it's something silly like "case of the Missing Shoe" ), but really isn't necessary.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
06-29-2012, 09:09 AM
#50
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Wits End
Posts: 1,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitchGames View Post
Yea definately going to leave Ep/Episode 1 etc in, just not sure if we need something along the lines of:

"Game Name: Episode 1 - The Case of the Missing Shoe"
I like that better. Feels like you know more of what you are getting into