Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 08:57 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Does anyone want any more screenshots?

Also, do you know what the average size of your adventure games are? Are game has gotten very big size wise so will most likely have to split it into phone/tablet versions and just wondering what peoples thoughts are on that?
Old 06-28-2012, 10:07 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

It's not that I don't want any more screen shots, but I think we've gotten a good feel for what's coming. As for the average adventure game size, it's really all over the map. I've had some that are as small as 25 to 30 MB, and then there are some (like many of the Anuman games) that top 500 to 600 MB or more. I'm going to be a bit selfish here and say that the size doesn't matter to me if it's universal, because I'll just play it on my iPad. However, to be fair to non-iPad users, especially unfortunate folks that have an iPod Touch 4, you might want to have two versions. I wouldn't do an iPad vs. iPhone version, though. I would do an iPhone and then a universal. But, that's just me and I'm not a developer yet.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:55 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointOfLight View Post
It's not that I don't want any more screen shots, but I think we've gotten a good feel for what's coming. As for the average adventure game size, it's really all over the map. I've had some that are as small as 25 to 30 MB, and then there are some (like many of the Anuman games) that top 500 to 600 MB or more. I'm going to be a bit selfish here and say that the size doesn't matter to me if it's universal, because I'll just play it on my iPad. However, to be fair to non-iPad users, especially unfortunate folks that have an iPod Touch 4, you might want to have two versions. I wouldn't do an iPad vs. iPhone version, though. I would do an iPhone and then a universal. But, that's just me and I'm not a developer yet.
I probably got a bit screenshot happy :-)

I think a iPhone and then Universal one would work perfectly, hadn't actually thought of doing it that way so thanks!

Do they usually get called "Game Name" and "Game Name HD" ?
Old 06-28-2012, 03:02 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitchGames View Post
I probably got a bit screenshot happy :-)

I think a iPhone and then Universal one would work perfectly, hadn't actually thought of doing it that way so thanks!

Do they usually get called "Game Name" and "Game Name HD" ?
Unfortunately there is no "usual" when it comes to naming. I've seen iPhone only games called "HD". Other times they'll call the iPad version "some name" and the iPhone version "some name for iPhone". Personally, I like "some name" for iPhone and "some name HD" for iPad / Universal. That makes the most sense to me.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:28 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Unfortunately there is no "usual" when it comes to naming. I've seen iPhone only games called "HD". Other times they'll call the iPad version "some name" and the iPhone version "some name for iPhone". Personally, I like "some name" for iPhone and "some name HD" for iPad / Universal. That makes the most sense to me.
Yea that's what I was thinking, so we will go with "Forever Lost: Episode 1" and "Forever Lost: Episode 1 HD"

We're not sure if we are going to use individual episode names or just stick with Episode 1 etc yet though.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:48 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Yea that's what I was thinking, so we will go with "Forever Lost: Episode 1" and "Forever Lost: Episode 1 HD"

We're not sure if we are going to use individual episode names or just stick with Episode 1 etc yet though.
My personal opinion is that even though it makes the name longer, if you go with "subtitles" I'd still leave at least an Ep. 1, Ep. 2 designation. That way people know what order the games go in
Old 06-29-2012, 07:53 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
My personal opinion is that even though it makes the name longer, if you go with "subtitles" I'd still leave at least an Ep. 1, Ep. 2 designation. That way people know what order the games go in
Make sense to me
Old 06-29-2012, 09:00 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Yea definately going to leave Ep/Episode 1 etc in, just not sure if we need something along the lines of:

"Game Name: Episode 1 - The Case of the Missing Shoe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnok View Post
Make sense to me
Good good :-)
Old 06-29-2012, 09:08 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Yea definately going to leave Ep/Episode 1 etc in, just not sure if we need something along the lines of:

Usually doesn't hurt (unless it's something silly like "case of the Missing Shoe" ), but really isn't necessary.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:09 AM
iPhone 4

Quote:

I like that better. Feels like you know more of what you are getting into

Closed Thread