★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: If you like Poker and falling tile games, you're going to love Poker Blitz!

It's a brand new style of poker puzzle game where you must create as many poker hands as you can from a grid of cards! Once you use a card in a hand, it's replaced with a new card from the deck!

FOUR MODES OF PLAY
Blitz - You have 2 minutes to create as many hands as you can before time runs out!

Progressive - Create hands in order of hand rank from 1 pair all the way up to 5 of a kind. Plan carefully because your score is based on how many moves it takes you to reach 5 of a kind!

Chip Attack - You're given 1 minute to create hands as quickly as you can. Each hand you make gives you additional time, and increases your multiplier. You get more time for better hands.

Puzzle - You have 1 5x5 grid with no replenishing cards. See if you can remove every single card for the ultimate bonus!

FACEBOOK LEADERBOARD
Play against your Facebook friends and see who ranks the best, or take on the world with integrated Game Center leaderboards. Post that killer score and earn yourself some serious bragging rights.

POWER UP YOUR HIGH SCORE
Use exciting powerups to really take your score to the next level. Each unique powerup adds an element of strategy to your game, but choose carefully because you can only use 2 at a time.

BONUS WHEEL
You can even win additional chips or powerups with the free daily spin of the Bonus Wheel!

We are certain you will love this game! Be sure to give us a rating and review. Also don't be afraid to drop us a line on our website, or from within the app to let us know how we're doing. Your feedback is extremely important to shaping the game in the future!

BlueDiamondGaming's comments:

Let us know what you think! We're really proud of this one!

Here are some promo codes. I'll post more in the coming week.

EMPA6367TEJP
T667MNEPR3KJ
LH69WFL4RKMT
06-21-2012, 08:49 PM
I believe all of the promo codes are available. If not, let me know and I will post a few more!

06-21-2012, 09:50 PM
I would like to try it but all the promo codes are taken.
06-21-2012, 11:58 PM
Decided I'd give the game a little TOFTT action in case there were any other poker puzzle fans out there. First off... not bad. A few little glitches I don't like, but not bad.

This is a game we've seen a few times on the app store. Drag around and find cards that make up a poker hand, they go off the board and more cards drop in. Try to get the best hands and get more points. Simple enough.

I have to say that I like the different modes in this game. You've got a basic get as much as you can in 2 minutes "blitz" mode, a "Chip Attack Mode" that is almost like the blitz version with a few changes, a puzzle mode and a progressive more. In the last one you have to move up the rank of hands starting with a pair and going all the way to five of a kind. This one I thought really had a nice challenge to it.

These modes make the game easily worth the buck if you like this type of game. They bring the game up to something more than we've seen and that's a good thing.

There are also some power ups, but I'll be honest, I never tried them. I guess I'll have to if I want bigger scores, but I was just wanting to get a feel for the game and let you all know what was up. They're power ups, so it stands to reason that they'll only help.

Now for a few things I'm not too keen on. First, I don't like the hand drawn numbers. They don't jump out enough and I found myself searing around a little bit for numbers and the 4, 9 and A (for Ace) looked pretty similar. And some of the other numbers come off as softer than others. Not sure why the choice to do this was, but it took away some of the polish of the game.

In contrast I loved that the suits were different colors. This made the Flush a go-to hand for me since it was quick and easy to spot the different suits.

There is Game Center with the game and I was happy to see that. The leader boards are a little light at the moment, but I'm hoping that picks up. But there is a really bad misstep on the boards that needs to get fixed. There is a leader standing for "time Played" in some of the games, but it's all upside down. To give you an example. In "Chip Attack" you start with 1 minute on the clock and try to get more time with big hands. You would think that if you played a long time you would be at the top of the board. I finished a game with over 3 minutes of play time, but the leader on the board was someone with barely over a minute. This meant they had a bad game, but they're leading in time. Swap that so it makes sense. The longer you play, the better you did.

But all in all a fun little game and, like I said, well worth the buck. I'll see how the power ups effect things and if it's drastic, I'll let you know. Also, I'd love to se the changes in the numbers and the time scoring. Give it a shot... I'd recommend the game to fans of the genre.

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
06-22-2012, 04:13 AM
It simple and nice game. All levels are fantastic.
06-22-2012, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickWit View Post
Decided I'd give the game a little TOFTT action in case there were any other poker puzzle fans out there. First off... not bad. A few little glitches I don't like, but not bad.

This is a game we've seen a few times on the app store. Drag around and find cards that make up a poker hand, they go off the board and more cards drop in. Try to get the best hands and get more points. Simple enough.

I have to say that I like the different modes in this game. You've got a basic get as much as you can in 2 minutes "blitz" mode, a "Chip Attack Mode" that is almost like the blitz version with a few changes, a puzzle mode and a progressive more. In the last one you have to move up the rank of hands starting with a pair and going all the way to five of a kind. This one I thought really had a nice challenge to it.

These modes make the game easily worth the buck if you like this type of game. They bring the game up to something more than we've seen and that's a good thing.

There are also some power ups, but I'll be honest, I never tried them. I guess I'll have to if I want bigger scores, but I was just wanting to get a feel for the game and let you all know what was up. They're power ups, so it stands to reason that they'll only help.

Now for a few things I'm not too keen on. First, I don't like the hand drawn numbers. They don't jump out enough and I found myself searing around a little bit for numbers and the 4, 9 and A (for Ace) looked pretty similar. And some of the other numbers come off as softer than others. Not sure why the choice to do this was, but it took away some of the polish of the game.

In contrast I loved that the suits were different colors. This made the Flush a go-to hand for me since it was quick and easy to spot the different suits.

There is Game Center with the game and I was happy to see that. The leader boards are a little light at the moment, but I'm hoping that picks up. But there is a really bad misstep on the boards that needs to get fixed. There is a leader standing for "time Played" in some of the games, but it's all upside down. To give you an example. In "Chip Attack" you start with 1 minute on the clock and try to get more time with big hands. You would think that if you played a long time you would be at the top of the board. I finished a game with over 3 minutes of play time, but the leader on the board was someone with barely over a minute. This meant they had a bad game, but they're leading in time. Swap that so it makes sense. The longer you play, the better you did.

But all in all a fun little game and, like I said, well worth the buck. I'll see how the power ups effect things and if it's drastic, I'll let you know. Also, I'd love to se the changes in the numbers and the time scoring. Give it a shot... I'd recommend the game to fans of the genre.
Thank you so much for your detailed thoughts!

I am actually the one responsible for the graphics. We REALLY liked the hand drawn suits so we thought the numbers went with it as well. In our original design of the cards, the numbers were much smaller, and the A and 4 were VERY hard to tell apart. When we changed the design of the cards, we felt these were legible. I'm glad you brought it to our attention though. We have been on the fence about changing the font, so this kind of pushes us a little further.

I'm so glad you liked everything else about the game! We put a lot of work into developing the different modes so I'm so happy to hear you specifically mention those.

As for the leaderboards with the time, that was a mistake heh. The bad part is with the GC leaderboards, you can't just flip the sort, you have to actually create new LBs and resubmit a new version of the game. We will add that to the list of things to fix in the next update and get it out asap.
06-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anathema728 View Post
I would like to try it but all the promo codes are taken.
Apple's site isn't generating codes right now but as soon as they do, I will post a few more in this thread.
06-22-2012, 01:58 PM
Keep in mind... The "not to keen about the hand drawn font" is just the opinion of one guy...me. As a designer, you're also an artist and you should put out what you want to put out. I just had a little problem with a few numbers for a bit.

Though I think that getting a bright white number bolded out against your color backgrounds would help. As I mentioned, a few were hard to see. The K for king gets a little lost against some of the colors.

But the game is enjoyable as is. Sorry about the time thing on the leader boards, but I'll look forward to seeing it swapped out.

Best of luck with the game.

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
06-25-2012, 09:37 AM
Here are 3 more promo codes!

6RKLJ7RTTYH6
J96FRHFT9MHJ
PAJY7Y4PN99R

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickWit View Post
Keep in mind... The "not to keen about the hand drawn font" is just the opinion of one guy...me. As a designer, you're also an artist and you should put out what you want to put out. I just had a little problem with a few numbers for a bit.

Though I think that getting a bright white number bolded out against your color backgrounds would help. As I mentioned, a few were hard to see. The K for king gets a little lost against some of the colors.

But the game is enjoyable as is. Sorry about the time thing on the leader boards, but I'll look forward to seeing it swapped out.

Best of luck with the game.
Absolutely! However, we're really keen on making the user experience the best we can. If a bunch of people think the font is too hard to read, I think it would need to be changed. I'm on the fence about it too. There's a fine line between form and function that you need to walk.

I am glad you enjoy the game though! I wish the leaderboards were a bit more populated.
06-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Game Impressions

Managed to obtain a code from the developer and I must say, a fun, different, and challenging game.

Highly recommended for any match-3 fan, or poker buff. The game has a solid puzzle feel and atmosphere to it and entertaining. You have the opportunity to play against FB or GC friends via high score.
There are 4 modes available, Blitz, Puzzle, Progressive, and Chip Attack, more to satisfy your puzzle needs.

Graphically, solid, sound, entertaining, gameplay, fun.

As for suggestions:
I do feel that an endless mode is needed.
Graphics, should be the actual card faces.
Sound, the option to use your music library.

All in all, the game is solid and worth the price. As for the suggestions listed above, minor tweaks that can be implemented in future updates and do not detract from the gameplay itself.

4/5