★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Congratulations! Over three million downloads worldwide!
Recommended most by international game sites!
Pros and gamers rave about its art and diverse game play!

Apocalypse Knights is a free Action Game. Its up to you, the heroic knight, to take back lands tainted with darkness. You shall save the world with blessed weapons, armors, ultimate skills, and holy horses. Come, your destiny awaits!

Background
In the coming future, you are the knight faced with demons released from the melted Arctic / Antarctic zones. With refined weapons, biochemical mounts, and skills, you can conquer the demons and devils in all waves.

BATTLE - ULTIMATE SKILL FEATURE
You can get more attacks with progression.
Unleash the ultimate skill to kill demons.
Each weapon has a unique ultimate skill. Collect as many weapons as possible to see all the cool moves and defeat bosses.

BATTLE UNIQUE MOUNT FEATURE
Your mount is your partner. You can active mount mode to enhance attributes.
Fight with mounts and enjoy the blazing speed while you smash barriers.
Collect all kinds of mounts and impress your friends.

EXPERIENCE THE THRILL OF DEFEATING MASSIVE MONSTER HORDES FOR FREE
The end of the world in Apocalypse Knights is coming and you from the end of world.
You can experience 10 levels of difficulty, 6 different scenes, and many kinds of monsters.
Knockout endless waves of monsters and earn special rewards in the ultimate instance mode.

ARMOR, WEAPON, AND POTION FOR PROGRESS
You can find ultimate weapons and armors from the shop.
Look closely to find legendary weapons and armors.
Take the mystic potions and improve your character ability.

UNPRECEDENETED VISUAL AND AUDIO APPEAL
Combing a modern, medieval influenced visual style. Youre the ultimate knight with the mission to fight the demons.
Enjoy the astounding audio experience of your spear piercing through a zombies gut or your broadsword slashing through witches.
We utilize the best performing engine to power up visual, resolution, sound and game controls.

Strongly recommend to enjoy the ultimate gaming experience on iPad 2 or above.

Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 4.2 or later.

Echoseven's comments:

06-20-2012, 06:10 PM
At last, something that I interested in.. I hope this plays well..

Currently Playing: Crashlands, Pokemon Heart Gold, Digimon Re: Digitize, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Officially moved to android

06-20-2012, 06:10 PM
Why are a lot of the good looking stuff Free now? We all know there is IAP or there is going to be.

Sigh... Anyways, as ive said this one looks good. Looking forward to advanced videos before this gets released in the PH appstore

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
06-20-2012, 06:52 PM
LOL... it's on the appstore... Downloading.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
06-20-2012, 07:29 PM
This is surprisingly good. Havent finishedthe first playthrough yet, but im hungry so i paused it for now. I've only seen 3 types of enemies but ive only been in about 8 waves.

Controls are very responsive and very smooth. Graphics are nice, but the backgrounds seem too static. Sounds are ok, some graphical glitches or slowdowns on my 4s whenever I trigger the use of a Mount.

Very similar to Glu arena survival games, most particularly with Eternity Warriors. Ok... similar to Dungeon Hunter 3.

2 weapons you can switch around, in AK's case Greatsword and a Spear. The more you level up, the more hits your combo strings go. There is a skill and a mount button. Skill unleashes the skill (duh) and the Mount puts you on top of a horse trampling everything while swinging your sword or spear.

I need to play more and get to a game over screen coz im assuming that's where i can access the shops.

But for now, let us eat. Foods on the table so AK's going to wait.

EDIT: Waiting for the wife to join me at the table so...
Got to finish 10 waves which ended in a boss fight and now im in the equip screen and there's one scary thing here. IAPs. I cant say how much it affects the game yet, but it doesnt seem so bad at first glance. I feel a paywall somewhere around there though. But I hope the feeling's wrong.

It's a good arena hack and slash game, and I hope the IAP isnt required later on. It's worth to checkout as it's free.

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 06-20-2012 at 07:44 PM.
06-20-2012, 08:06 PM
Definately has my interest peaked. But would like to know more about the IAPs before I clear space for it.
06-20-2012, 08:16 PM
Well, add Darksiders to the list of games that have been scaled down and remade for iPhone :/

I mean, come on, the friggin' sword in the main art is the same!
06-20-2012, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Definately has my interest peaked. But would like to know more about the IAPs before I clear space for it.
So far IAPs arent required as the gold earned from battle is quite generous. Plus, you get a small amount of Gems as well. Gems are the IAP currency. There is a third type of currency which i dont have access to yet, not even through IAP.

The IAP items dont have level requirements. The Gold items have level requirements but seem pretty cheap.

It is 323MB after install, fyi.

06-20-2012, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulblitz View Post
Well, add Darksiders to the list of games that have been scaled down and remade for iPhone :/

I mean, come on, the friggin' sword in the main art is the same!
No it isn't:

If the sword in the first image is "just like the one in Darksiders," then the one in Darksiders is just like the one in Conan the Barbarian.

BTW, Darksiders stole a lot from Zelda.
06-20-2012, 10:32 PM
Downloading now and I have to say this looks too similar to Eternity Warriors for comfort (not a bad thing for players).

I'll probably find the answer to my question later but I'll ask anyway.

EW had an annoying monster recoil system where (most non-boss) monsters would recoil from your attacks tied to your weapon's damage. Therefore, normal monsters will NOT recoil from your attacks if your weapon's damage is below their recoil threshold. This quite effectively forces you to play chicken with even the weakest mobs at high levels or obtain stronger weapons, either through grinding or IAP.

Does this game suffer from the above issue?