★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: The Secret of Arcanesium - A new point n click adventure released !

06-21-2012, 01:25 AM
The Secret of Arcanesium - A new point n click adventure released !

Hi all

Playtinum has released another point and click adventure - 'The Secret of Arcanesium'
It's a classic point and click adventure involving exploring a wide range of scenes, figuring out clues and solving challenging puzzles

Enjoy the game

iOS games
Android Games
Like us on Facebook
06-21-2012, 05:09 PM
Just finished playing. Review left on App Store. Your best one yet. Absolutely loved it. Bring on the next one

06-22-2012, 12:43 AM
Glad to see that you liked it.
The game is planned as a trilogy ..so we will be definitely coming out with part 2 and 3

iOS games
Android Games
Like us on Facebook
06-23-2012, 06:03 AM
I like what I've played of this so far.

The puzzles all seem to be reasonably challenging.
I was worried that without any hints or hot spots I might hit a wall sooner ... but just being very observant has been enough so far, with only a little pixel hunting required to get out of a few spots.

I like the inventory system much better in this compared to the last point n click these guys did (Valentin).
Much easier to manage and use inventory now with probably 1/3 of the tapping.
A big, big improvement in that regards; IMO.
The only other thing I would like to see with the inventory is for it to loop through back to the top after you reach the last item in the inventory.

Also pleased you don't have to always tap right on the 'X's in this for dialogs and menus (compared to Valentin) ... much, much more friendly in that regards.

Not sure how far along I am , but so far I'm enjoying it.
06-23-2012, 04:37 PM
Good to see you guys noticing the changes.
We will keep making improvements based on your feedback.
Have fun playing the game.
For those who are stuck we have got a text walk through here (we haven't yet publicized it widely)
The Secret of Arcanesium Walk Through

iOS games
Android Games
Like us on Facebook
06-23-2012, 06:41 PM
Fun game! I like it! BTW, App Unwrapper is working on a fully illustrated walkthrough, here.
06-23-2012, 10:03 PM
Just finished playing it as well. Very nice! I appreciate that the puzzles definitely make you think a bit - you don't (usually) just a pick up an object and apply it in another screen - there are clues you need to figure out to solve puzzles. The game isn't incredibly long, but it is a satisfying length. If you enjoy thinking puzzle games, definitely pick this one up. The thought that went into creating the clues and puzzles makes it a winner.

(Agree that a way to loop through the inventory would be a nice improvement - there aren't always a ton of items, but when there are more than just a few, a loop would certainly have been good.)
06-26-2012, 09:42 AM
I finished the game, and must say I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next chapter.

I found navigation and inventory worked great -- simple and never laggy. The only things I would recommend for the next chapter to make it feel more polished would be pause/backgrounding capabilities so you can pick up exactly where you left off without having to load the game up again. And the other thing would be to unlock the orientation so you can flip your phone around if you'd like.
06-26-2012, 04:35 PM
@appunwrapper - Thanks for the feedback. Saw the walk through with screenshots on your site. Great job!

The game is being appreciated by a niche group of hardcore adventure gaming fans but we need all the support that all you guys can give us in getting the word around.

iOS games
Android Games
Like us on Facebook