★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Leap from one floating island to the next as a magical unicorn!

Avoid plummeting into the icy waters below!

Shoot magic fireballs to shatter rocks and crystals that get in your way!

Pick up Magic Mushrooms to cast temporary spells to help you on your quest!

Collect Unicoins as you run, then use them in the Magic Shop to permanently enhance your magical powers!

Play Endless mode to see how long you can run or try for a high score on the fixed-length Levels!

Complete Quests as you play to increase your score multiplier, then replay all Levels for new high scores!

Unlock new Unicorn characters (currently "Night Wing" and "Sapphire" with others planned)!

Unlock awesome music tracks or listen to your own iPod music!

Use the Speed Boost enchantment to increase your starting speed and get higher scores too (faster times give higher scores)!

MindJuice's comments:

Unicorn Rush is now available in the App Store!

Take flight through the night skies as a powerful and magical Unicorn!

Jump confidently from one floating island to the next and avoid plummeting into the icy waters below!

Shoot magic fireballs to shatter rocks and crystals that get in your way!

Pick up magic mushrooms to cast temporary spells to help you on your quest!

Collect Unicoins as you run, then use them in the Magic Shop to permanently enhance your magical powers!

Play Endless mode to see how long you can run or try for a high score on the fixed-length Levels!

Complete Quests as you play to increase your score multiplier, then replay all Levels for new high scores!

Unlock new Unicorn characters (currently "Night Wing" and "Sapphire" with others planned)!

Unlock awesome music tracks or listen to your own iPod music!

Use the Speed Boost enchantment to increase your starting speed and get higher scores too (faster times give higher scores)!

Earn FREE Unicoins by telling your friends about Unicorn Rush on Twitter and Facebook!
06-21-2012, 02:06 AM
Send a message via MSN to MindJuice Send a message via Skype™ to MindJuice
Before you ask, yes, I know about RUA, but I came up with the idea for this game before I had heard of RUA. It was at a Game Jam in San Jose 2 years ago that was sponsored by Touch Arcade.

Once someone told me about RUA, I decided that my idea was still different enough to warrant continuing with it.

The game is inspired more by the artwork and world of Avatar than RUA.

I think RUA is a great game too and I enjoyed it, but I've added lots of unique elements and features in Unicorn Rush that I think you'll like!

Give it a try!

Thanks!

06-21-2012, 02:33 AM
I never thought this would see the light of day! It's been sitting in the Game Jam forum since the Earth was born.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
06-21-2012, 05:41 AM
Amazing, Beautiful, Universal and my new favorite iPod Touch game <333 it!!!
06-21-2012, 08:49 AM
Game Impressions

The game is pretty, with very intuitive controls, and runs incredibly smoothly on my iPad 1G.

While primarily a fan of Endless play, I do have to give the dev credit for the concept of courses. So beyond simply trying to get your best possible score on any of these given runs with their own thematic ideas, how quickly can you reach the end of a given level?

Good stuff.

4/5

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-21-2012, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I never thought this would see the light of day! It's been sitting in the Game Jam forum since the Earth was born.
You and me both! It had its starts and stops along the way to be sure!

Glad to finally have it out!
06-21-2012, 12:00 PM
Gameplay Video

Here's the first gameplay video. It's not a full-blown trailer, but it'll give you a feel of the game in one of the fixed length courses.

There is also an endless level/course.

The video is a bit jerky because it was recorded over AirPlay while playing the game on my iPhone 4S. It's smoother on actual devices.

06-21-2012, 12:04 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
just picked this up... and wow. I'm lovin it! I think I might even like this more than RUA. The environments/graphics are BEAUTIFUL... really... FANTASTIC job! =oD
06-21-2012, 12:06 PM
How did i miss this? O_o

Looking at the vid, it's a mustbuy for me!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
06-21-2012, 12:15 PM
I hate you Void!!! (Yes, 3 exclamation marks) Bought. >_>

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"