★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Puzzle games that DON'T rate levels out of three stars?

06-21-2012, 02:43 AM
Puzzle games that DON'T rate levels out of three stars?

I'm getting kinda bored of feeling I have to go back and perform even better next time. I know it's not often forced, but it seems to happen so much in iOS games these days and I'm looking forward to a puzzler that'll let me feel accomplished just for passing the level rather than doing it flawlessly. So what are my options? The best example I can think of is the brilliant Aqueduct, but obviously I own that already.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
06-21-2012, 02:54 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
The game you are looking for is The Hacker!

06-21-2012, 02:57 AM
Why do people get OCD about 3 stars or so ? Every game which has that i simply just want to get to the next level, problem is with sooo many iOS games out there and new ones coming out every week i tend to try and complete games rather than 'master' them and get every single star etc !

Dont care if i get 1 or 2 stars, just want the next level

Can totally recommend the Hacker, brilliant game
06-21-2012, 03:01 AM
Any of the PathPix games - they rate you by the immense satisfaction of completing the levels.

One of my favorites too - Helsing's Fire. There's gotta be more, too.

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
06-21-2012, 04:47 AM
Blockwick, Marple, Electric Box, Quell, Shady Puzzles, Trainyard, Fling.
I am certain there are no 3 stars for the first 3 but the others, I don't really recall but to my knowledge I don't think there are any. It's been a while since I played them though.

Apple: Iphone 4S - os 8.2/ Ipod touch 4G - os 6.1/ Ipad 2 - os 5.0.1
Android: LG G2 - os 4.2.2 / Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G - os 4.4.2
06-21-2012, 05:46 AM
Will's world its the only puzzle game you are ever going to need and best of all its completely free
06-21-2012, 06:56 AM
The Blackhole, birzzle pandora,squirme, shoot the birds, rejoin, macguffins curse,peggle, forget-me-not, puzzlejuice, radia, sling supreme, cover orange, circadia, ghost trick, minigame paradise, ticket to ride, doodle god, jenga, flight control, ten drops , dark nebula&2, Labyrinth 2 , Osmos, edge extended,blind world or splode, zenbound 2, continuity 2,
06-21-2012, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Why do people get OCD about 3 stars or so ? Every game which has that i simply just want to get to the next level, problem is with sooo many iOS games out there and new ones coming out every week i tend to try and complete games rather than 'master' them and get every single star etc !

Dont care if i get 1 or 2 stars, just want the next level

Can totally recommend the Hacker, brilliant game
I know it's my problem, which is why I don't blame the games

It's weird though, lots of people that generally aren't OCD at all can still get annoyed by little things like this. It only really happens to me with games.

Thanks for all the suggestions, gonna start investigating!

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
06-21-2012, 07:28 AM
I'm actually exacty like that too - I just can't find myself moving on to the next stage until I have 3 stars (or whatever) on the current level. It's a sad curse, but one learns to deal with it, right, Midian?

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
06-21-2012, 02:06 PM
I heartily recommend "English Country Tune" no ratings there and a huge variety of puzzles to work thru.