Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-22-2012, 09:09 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
lmao...

I've been hoping that more and more developers make top notch games with no IAPs, and keep the prices set reasonably... just like this. Top notch shmup (BTW, I'm HOOKED now... after playing through the Arcade Mode...) - great price (for the PSX - RayStorm is between $25 and $100+ depending on condition...) - and even with an extra iPhone Mode...

And then I'm constantly reminded, by posts like this one, of why the AppStore's pricing is a race to the bottom... and why we have so many freemium titles...

**edit** BTW, I am NOT going off... or trying to start something... just disappointed...
Sorry you got the uncompleted post lol the dang submit reply button is very close the the keyboard in the TA app. I was really concerned mostly about the battery consumption due to my 9 hour car ride haha
Old 06-22-2012, 02:50 PM

honestly, I really, really wish they would release this on 3DS, would buy in 1 second-
Old 06-22-2012, 07:15 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Im downloading this now, I got Rayforce on sale and really liked it! After this Im inevitably getting Dariusburst as it seems the best of these three.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:46 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanTuna View Post
Im downloading this now, I got Rayforce on sale and really liked it! After this Im inevitably getting Dariusburst as it seems the best of these three.
Yeah, let us know what you think of all three. I didn't realize this game wasn't universal until syntheticvoid said so, so dang, was going to buy this right away, but now, I dunno. Anyone play this game on an ipad?

I think dariusburst is universal, so maybe I'll get that instead.

Anyway, let us know your impressions of all three games if you can. Also on a sidenote, Buster Spirits came out by the makers of buster red, it is another old school shmup that is pretty cool.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:02 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Yeah, let us know what you think of all three. I didn't realize this game wasn't universal until syntheticvoid said so, so dang, was going to buy this right away, but now, I dunno. Anyone play this game on an ipad?

I think dariusburst is universal, so maybe I'll get that instead.

Anyway, let us know your impressions of all three games if you can. Also on a sidenote, Buster Spirits came out by the makers of buster red, it is another old school shmup that is pretty cool.
Played the first four levels and im hooked, its worth mentioning that I never played any of these games before so Nostalgia isnt a factor here and in both Rayforce and Raystorm ive only tried the Iphone mode so far but these are very polished shmups.

I liked the dual weapon/aiming mechanic very much and the visual, while slighty outdated, are still very good. Also its worth mentioning that they perfom very well even on my ipod touch 4.

Both this and Rayforce are the only things that have been capable of distracting me of the severe Pocket Planes addiction ive acquired in the past couple of days. Just bought Dariusburst, now im a fan of Taito for sure. Ill post impressions on that one later!
Old 06-22-2012, 08:06 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Got the game!
Runs excellent on my iTouch 4th gen
Very happy I bought it
It oozes quality
Old 06-22-2012, 08:42 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

I'm going to wait a bit before getting this, but I will pick it up. Last time I bought Dariusburst at the same time as another Cave game (forgot which one), and never really got around to playing it seriously. Don't want that to happen again with BP2BL.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:57 PM
iPad mini

I thought I heard this was going to be universal a while back. Very disappointing
Old 06-22-2012, 10:58 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

like that sound
Old 12-31-2012, 10:35 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Great 50% sale until January 7 together with Rayforce and DARIUSBURST SP and other Taito's games (for example Arkanoid and New Puzzle Bubble).