★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Function.repair is a fresh new 2D platform shooter with a unique, no-gravity movement style.

You assume the role of Fixbot, one of the many fixbots, who awakens to find himself in the middle of a massive, broken down space ship. You don't know where you are; all you know is that you are programmed to repair the ship. However, repairing the ship will prove to be more difficult as you will run into various environmental hazards, hostile aliens, and mysterious saboteurs.

Function.repair brings immersive gameplay to iOS. The unique gameplay elements allow each player to enjoy the game in his or her own way and at a desired rate. Function.repair was built by gamers, for gamers.

4 Stars - Macworld UK

Recommended Devices: iPad 2 & 3, iPhone 4

TheFrost's comments:

06-21-2012, 09:49 AM
Crap, this does look good.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

06-21-2012, 10:03 AM
Was searching the internet for posts about this game and stumbled across this thread. I am friends with the guys that made this and so I (in a very unofficial manner) wanted to encourage you guys to play the game and if you like it tell your friends. This is the team's first published game and they are just a few friends who want to get into gaming so they decided to slave away for hours and hours a day till this got done. I know they would appreciate your thoughts on the game. Thanks for posting about it!
06-21-2012, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsiglin View Post
Was searching the internet for posts about this game and stumbled across this thread. I am friends with the guys that made this and so I (in a very unofficial manner) wanted to encourage you guys to play the game and if you like it tell your friends. This is the team's first published game and they are just a few friends who want to get into gaming so they decided to slave away for hours and hours a day till this got done. I know they would appreciate your thoughts on the game. Thanks for posting about it!
Welcome to the forums! Glad to see someone somehow related to the game around
06-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Hey guys, my name's Phil Ogden. I'm an artist at Demergo Studios. We're super excited about the release of function.repair. dsiglin mentioned to us that he had seen a post on toucharcade, so I wanted to come by and say a quick hello.

This is Demergo Studios' first production. We're a small 8-man team boot-strapping it all the way. The 8 of us started work on function.repair back in January and have been pushing hard to get it done since then. 5 of us were still in college full-time during most of the development process. However, our love for game development drove us to keep pushing for the best product we could make.

Thanks for checking out the game! We hope you enjoy playing it as much as we did making it! We'd love to hear your feedback or answer any questions you guys may have.

Last edited by itsOgden; 06-22-2012 at 04:46 PM.
06-22-2012, 03:50 AM
Game Impressions

First, I am impressed by this, its great. I thought that controlling the repair robot was going to be painful but it isn't at all, its actually quite good and controls work seamless here. Its like To-Fu but with a full platforming experience added to it. It has many different things to do: Repair, shoot, avoid, puzzles, missions, etc... and its all mixed together perfectly. One think I would like to do is to zoom out to see more around me, but that's okay, and its only a really minor thingy. Thank you, hope this does well for you

NO IAP present

Platforming/To-Fu fans, get this as soon as possible

EDIT: Welcome to the forums itsOgden

EDIT 2: I didn't check for achievements or leaderboards, and there are none. Please add them, I would be a nice inclusion as GameCenter is already there

Last edited by TheFrost; 06-22-2012 at 05:19 AM.
06-22-2012, 07:36 AM
Considering this weeks releases were supposed to be about quality rather than quantity, it seems the latter followed suit and the few games that have come out after the scheduled "NZ" releases have really, REALLY surprised me. Unicorn Rush is an absolute blast and this...well...haha, wow.

Talk about unnoticed, underrated, hidden gems (on TouchArcade at least)? This right here is just...huh...wow (yes, that's the second time I've that). The first thing this reminded me of was surprisingly The Last Rocket, and that game (IMO) is an iOS essential and a game that will keep iOS near and dear to my heart once I'm older.

So what does that have to do with this you ask? I have no idea. What I do know is that if you read through function.repair's app description, you'll notice it says "by gamers, for gamers" and it really does feel like these guys made a game they themselves would want to play on a touchscreen. No virtual buttons of any sort, nothing clogging up your view...just controls that are catered to touchscreens. They're smart, easy and responsive.

Now it's too early for me to give more detailed impressions, but everything's here; universal, retina graphics, no IAPs (please, please keep it that way), all in a neat, tidy, polished package with a great app icon and the exact name of the app underneath the icon just like it should be. For now..an easy recommendation.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
06-22-2012, 09:13 AM
Simply put: great game, terrible, terrible camera.

More complex:
Think To-Fu, with less puzzle and more action. Quite enjoyable for what it has to offer, while seeming quite forgiving in these early stages of the game.

As for the camera... It frustrates me greatly. You can probably see it in a video, but the camera moves between preset views. It moves around a bit while you're aiming, but this is far from enough, and more often than not I've had to guess my landings.

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
06-22-2012, 09:15 AM
Yeah, gotta agree with E7...the more you play, the more the camera becomes a nuisance. :/

06-22-2012, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
Simply put: great game, terrible, terrible camera
s for the camera... It frustrates me greatly. You cant probably see it in a video, but the camera moves between preset views. It moves around a bit while you're aiming, but this is far from enough, and more often than not I've had to guess my landings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Yeah, gotta agree with E7...the more you play, the more the camera becomes a nuisance. :/
Sad but true... camera needs some work and as pointed out sometimes landing becomes really tricky. Some zooming or free camera movement while halted would be the greatest addition for this great game

Last edited by TheFrost; 06-22-2012 at 10:05 AM.