★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: MinoMonsters (v2.0 out now!)

06-21-2012, 01:51 PM
MinoMonsters (v2.0 out now!)

MinoMonsters 2.0 has hit the app store, check out the major update!

Last edited by Echoseven; 08-29-2012 at 04:33 AM.
06-21-2012, 02:04 PM
are you one of developers if your question is yes how long it takes to repair the add friend system and the shop

06-21-2012, 02:07 PM
yep, i'm one of the devs. We're working on a fix right now to all the server side of things -- Sorry for the issues!
06-21-2012, 02:10 PM
ok, thanks for the reply, iŽd love some of update others no, after all great job
06-21-2012, 06:03 PM
Well I'm sorry to say. I've been playing minomonsters for ages now (since the day it was released) it's never been deleted from my iPod,
But now this update has ruined it. The freero/walking about is gone? Feeding your pet is gone? You can only hold a max of 5 candy.
It looks like its gone from what was a fantastic Pokemon style game for ios to just another freemium grind fest of single battles.
Really wish I hadn't updated as I can't see me playing this anymore unless there's a future update planned to bring back the old features.
I mean come on now it's all single battles with a timer on how often you can fight? This shouldn't be the case for a paid game.
06-21-2012, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by panama chief View Post
Can I get one more add please? I'm one away from opening the box. After adding you have to visit and hit unlock on the box.
I would if I could.
I having issues where I can only have one friend.

When I try to add another, it says they are added, but don't appear on my friend list. -.- Good Grief.
06-22-2012, 03:49 AM
Yeah, i hope they fix this. Plus i just noticed i lost one fire monster since the update, but ill get it in the next island so it doenst matter that much. Anyways i got a evolved grunt and crocoling, both real big, so now i miss my little ones:P But great update but i do kinda miss the exploring..
06-22-2012, 01:45 PM
This game is missing some of the better parts of the previous
06-22-2012, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
It looks like its gone from what was a fantastic Pokemon style game for ios to just another freemium grind fest of single battles.
The game is now a modestly better playing clone of Monster Galaxy: The Zodiac Islands, and that's not saying much since that game was terrible and lasted all of a week on my device. MM has been there since it launched last year, but if the next couple of updates don't bring back some of the charm and fun, it will be going the way of MG:TZI.

I get that it must be frustrating as devs to see what was, imo, the best of the "Pokemon" like games on iOS never make much money (particularly after such a big venture capital investment) while absolute crap like MG:TZI has hovered in the top 200 earners since it appeared, but ditching everything that made your game truly enjoyable to become yet another static screen "hyper card" monster battler freemium fest modeled after a phoned it in "successful" games on the app store was *not* the way to go.

The two biggest broken elements of the game were the IAP system (not enough desirable stuff to spend money on and zero realism in the pricing) and a lack of awareness of the game. Forcing people to spam friend codes all over FB and the forums while only moderately addressing the IAP issues while you simultaneously gutted everything that made the game work? How is that a move in the right direction?

EDIT: Might as well add in my friend code while I'm kvetching: B67DF3E154F6A381

Game Center : "Chip H."

Last edited by C.Hannum; 06-22-2012 at 03:00 PM.
06-24-2012, 11:43 PM
big mistake

The old version of the game was submersive, but you could still play for a short amount of time, this new version is short play only, so odd. I think the developers are missing out on a huge female market by changing the game. Maybe two versions should be released; the old one with quests, and cute monsters geared towards girls, and a battle only one with monster evolutions for boys. Make each one 99 cents, and forget all this trickery to make you pay for candy!