Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-24-2012, 10:42 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikekun View Post
By the way *****SPOILER ALERT******
There is a secret stage with lots of extra coins on the music jewels temple if you touch them on the correct order.
I've found the secret chamber. It contains around 1200+ coins, not bad but I need more to get the helmet that gives double coins. In my opinion, it's allright to give high price for items in Manuel's store but what I think is ridiculous is the price to enter Manuel's store. It's 300 coins each while you get very very less coins than that (especially in later stages).
I have a question about big pinata, what's inside it? Is there helmet or stuffs in it or it just candies and small coins?
Old 08-24-2012, 12:05 PM

On the big piñatas you can get the good items like hats, pets, tokens, warlock level-ups, etc...That's why they are more expensive.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:10 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Im about to download, and was surprised to see 400+mb. Seems massive for a Bobble game.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:18 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Im about to download, and was surprised to see 400+mb. Seems massive for a Bobble game.
+1 Yup, and even worse for someone who doesn't play games on their iPad. I don't know why but I prefer gaming on my phone 100%. Just my preference though...

...but those iPad retina assets in universal games are killing me...
Old 08-24-2012, 12:20 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by smes3817 View Post
+1 Yup, and even worse for someone who doesn't play games on their iPad. I don't know why but I prefer gaming on my phone 100%. Just my preference though...

...but those iPad retina assets in universal games are killing me...
Some people don't even have ipads!
Old 08-24-2012, 01:23 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

The coin hat made quite a big difference. Just played a level I was averaging ~250-300 coins per play and on this last play I got 685.

Now that I've been playing for a while, I can definitely say I'm happy with my purchase. Gameplay is very solid. In my opinion, the rate to earn coins isn't QUITE as fast as I wish it would be. It has not hindered my ability to play the game in any manner - I just usually don't buy any extra items, though (other than the coin hat I picked up).

May I ask how many different secret areas you guys stuck in this game? Additionally, do you have an estimate to how much time it takes to go through the story? And finally, I know a multiplayer update was mentioned in the future. What sort of other content plans do you guys have for single-player?
Old 08-24-2012, 03:13 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Saw a few people nominated this in the GOTW thread and checked out this thread. Looked like it might be good, but I too was shocked at the 400+ MB size. Guess I expect that for some of more hard-core, graphically intensive games. Not so much for casual games.

Anyway, think I'll wait. Just don't have the room!
Old 08-24-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshnsuch View Post
The coin hat made quite a big difference. Just played a level I was averaging ~250-300 coins per play and on this last play I got 685.

Now that I've been playing for a while, I can definitely say I'm happy with my purchase. Gameplay is very solid. In my opinion, the rate to earn coins isn't QUITE as fast as I wish it would be. It has not hindered my ability to play the game in any manner - I just usually don't buy any extra items, though (other than the coin hat I picked up).

May I ask how many different secret areas you guys stuck in this game? Additionally, do you have an estimate to how much time it takes to go through the story? And finally, I know a multiplayer update was mentioned in the future. What sort of other content plans do you guys have for single-player?
There are 3 secret areas, one per continent. It should take you between 15 and 20 hours to complete the whole game. It's quite big, actually.

Apart from the two multiplayer updates coming (Coop and PvP), there isn't anything planned for single player for now, but that doesn't mean we don't make it happen. I'd love to, by the way.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justln View Post
Except that if I don't grind for that white tiger, I can't proceed through the storyline.

Supermagical is a freemium game disguised as a paid app. See that fanciful helmet?
Nope you can't get it unless you grind endlessly or give in to IAP.

You want to enter Midgard in FF7? Tough luck, pay 8000 Gil or GTFO.

I have never felt so angry towards a game before. And COME ON, no bloody retry button? REALLY?
Is the game being helpful by forcing you to see hints or is it just pushing you towards IAP?

Fudge this shit, I'm done with this game
I have to agree. As soon as I hit the tiger I was pretty pissed. Seems a bit abrupt, the change from being encouraged to spend your money to the realization that grinding is involved. I don't mind throwing another dollar or so on IAP as the game is good, but I would rather the game just cost more (weird I know).
Old 08-24-2012, 08:24 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con View Post
Some people don't even have ipads!
But for those that do....it's heaven.