★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: More games like Ski Solitaire / Fairway Solitaire?

06-22-2012, 07:15 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
More games like Ski Solitaire / Fairway Solitaire?

Hi guys,
The wife can't get enough of these two - can you recommend other solitaire-like games with the same quality / gameplay?
Thanks.

GC: UnSurreal
06-22-2012, 09:38 PM
Fairway Solitaire is from Big Fish and they have another one very much like it but just different enough to be interesting. It's called Avalon Legends Solitaire. I have them both and I like them.
06-26-2012, 09:46 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Thanks tangerine. Picked it up... anymore games similar?

GC: UnSurreal
06-26-2012, 01:01 PM
OK, here's my list:

American Falls Solitaire

Heartwild Solitaire

Mondo Solitaire - this has 109 versions of solitaire. It's one of the first games I ever bought and it's very good. I have the iPod version but it runs OK on the iPad. Now, there's an iPad version, too, if you'd prefer.
06-26-2012, 01:19 PM
You might look at Faerie Solitaire Mobile by Subsoap. It has the solitaire with sort of adventure theme, goals, etc. I like it. I never tried Heartwild Solitaire - it has lots of IAP, and that scared me off.

Mondo Solitaire is good for many variations, although I have one - I can't remember, but will attempt to find it if you are interested - with around 800 different solitaire games / variations.

I am figuring that you want some goals, like the ability to "buy" things to enhance the game, etc, and have not come across a lot of those.

An iPhone only (plays on iPad in 2x) called Lucky cards is multi- level tri-peaks variation that is very well done and should be worth a look.

I'll enjoy seeing other peoples suggestions.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
06-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Faerie Solitaire is decent, but the PC version is much, much better. They stripped it down to a barebones version for iOS.