Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-22-2012, 12:08 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Band Together

I saw this new game on App Shopper. I've never added games to these posts, so excuse my ignorance/laziness, but has anyone TOFTTAT and have any impressions?

http://appshopper.com/games/band-together

It certainly looks good and has a lot of hype on the write up, but has a pretty steep price point comparatively speaking.

Last edited by Prab; 06-25-2012 at 04:29 AM.. Reason: Add appinfo so that thread can link with TA app
Old 06-22-2012, 02:04 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

I'm so glad you posted this. I've been wondering the same thing. It's made it to the New and Noteworthy section in games, but I didn't see any threads here on TA about it.

I'm hoping for a price drop since the only negative reviews in the app store are all focused on price.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:31 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecwrtr View Post
I'm so glad you posted this. I've been wondering the same thing. It's made it to the New and Noteworthy section in games, but I didn't see any threads here on TA about it.

I'm hoping for a price drop since the only negative reviews in the app store are all focused on price.
That's odd, as the only way one can review is if they have bought, right? So, clearly people are not happy with the Price Point.

I'll be waiting for a price drop then.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:41 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Well, now we have a fairly positive review on the TA front page. The graphics are certainly very attractive. Wish listed...
Old 06-22-2012, 05:22 PM

Default Band Together : Artist Designer saying HI

Howdy Touch Arcade readers!

I just wanted to say HI and thank you for the great review!

A few things you may not know about the game.

It was made with zero budget, actually negative numbers as we threw some of our own monies at a few hard costs like iPads and stuff for development... The deal we set up with the team is pretty rad, they're make'n just as much as we do off our sales. Everybody worked their asses off to make this game happen and we are all real proud to see it finally released.

....aaand that's why it has a steep price atm.... sorry :/ We're hope'n to make some $$ off our release so we can continue developing the game, and make more cool games.

I made much of the game art in my garage with pieces of cardboard and office supplies.

The learning curve and game play is pretty easy, though some later levels get much harder. This was intentional as we wanted to make the experience pretty accessible for all ages. My 100year old great aunt played the game for about 25minutes and it was adorable to watch, I will post some youtube footage of this at some point soon.

We are work'n on new content NOW, more levels will be added as soon as we can...! and no! we are not gonna charge for those! I personally am not a huge fan of in-app purchasing so we're gonna try to keep this as clear cut as we can with future releases and updates!

Please feel free to check out the BT site [URL="www.bandtogetherthegame.com"]www.bandtogetherthegame.com[/URL] (I made the trailer) and email us to say hi or ask questions.

Super thanks for your interest and support of the game.

Cheers!
[]=[]-- (8 )-[-<

John
Old 06-22-2012, 06:19 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Bought strictly based on previous posters' honesty and this game is all about charm and atmosphere. Gameplay is fun to boot!!

Mods? Anyway you can please change the title of this thread please to remove the 'impressions' as I don't think it's necessary please?
Old 06-22-2012, 08:11 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

After playing more levels of this, I personally don't think it is as easy as the front page review leads, but I like that I can keep going and not get incredibly roadblocked.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:22 PM

lemme know what you think of level 29

It's one of my favorites! and pretty hard!

cheers!
-J
Old 06-23-2012, 08:57 AM

I was just about to click the buy button, when I noticed the terrible truth - it won't install on my iPad rev.1, only rev.2 and later. (Cue wavering violins background)

For the dev: do you anticipate bringing the title to the first iPad as well, in a future update? Surely the ingenuity of such a brilliant team will find that a comparatively modest challenge. ^_^
Old 06-23-2012, 09:16 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Are there plans to add more levels hopefully please?