★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Is there any military fps game coming out?

05-27-2009, 06:56 PM
Is there any military fps game coming out?

Like for example... Call of Duty: Modern Warfare...? With weapons and a first person view... Or Counter-strike looks..? I would love a modern fps game... Or a mmorpg that isn't text based? I know Livefire is coming out but it's not a "modern" fps..

If I have this thread in the wrong spot i do apologize.

Upcoming iPhone Games: World of Midgard,Paper Monsters, LostWinds,The First Attempt,Blade Slinger, Kale in Dinoland, Prevail
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerzack1 View Post
the psp sucks it has dumb games the nintendo ds is so much better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Dumb people are dumb.
05-27-2009, 07:00 PM
Well it's not first person, but Brothers in Arms in a WWII themed third person shooter. Also check out WWII Alone which is a fun little war themed shooter.

05-27-2009, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
Well it's not first person, but Brothers in Arms in a WWII themed third person shooter. Also check out WWII Alone which is a fun little war themed shooter.
He asked for modern, did he not?
05-27-2009, 07:13 PM
maybe warpack grunts

Current faves:UniWar,Glyder, Assasin's Creed, Wolfenstein,Zenonia(beta testing)
☻/ my review site:cheatcodes4chicos
/▌reviewer at: appmania
/ \ There you go rocketman I've moved on from hobocity
05-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferi22 View Post
maybe warpack grunts
From the looks of the ad... I think it's kinda like a 2.5d game thats 3rd person

Upcoming iPhone Games: World of Midgard,Paper Monsters, LostWinds,The First Attempt,Blade Slinger, Kale in Dinoland, Prevail
Quote:
Quote:
Dumb people are dumb.

Last edited by ShadowsFall; 05-27-2009 at 07:21 PM.
05-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferi22 View Post
maybe warpack grunts
ok, first bit of real information on Warpack: Grunts. It's not an FPS
05-27-2009, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Great game... Bought it once i got my ipod touch... But its a 2nd/3rd person shooting game.. I want something where you can't see the persons body... Only view the weapon like a ak47.

Quote:
Quote:
Dumb people are dumb.
05-27-2009, 07:44 PM
Then no I haven't heard of any of those games that will be coming out soon. There are other FPS out already though that are pretty fun. Dark Hill just got a new one that makes it a lot better plus it's only a dollar.

05-27-2009, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Then no I haven't heard of any of those games that will be coming out soon. There are other FPS out already though that are pretty fun. Dark Hill just got a new one that makes it a lot better plus it's only a dollar.
Yeah, i've had a lot of fun with Dark Hill, it's not military themed, but it's still a solid fps. It's got more of that horror/mystery feel to it

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
05-27-2009, 08:01 PM
I think these controls/ other things will be perfect... Movement like assassin's creed. A 3rd person view, zoom in and out with 2 fingers moving near and apart, double click to run on the movement wheel, a aimbot(follows player on crosshair for easier targets), a button on top of the shooting/looking around wheel for jumping, firing button near movement wheel. Change weapons by flicking up or down, map on the top left corner. All the controls on the screen would be alittle clear. It would have multiplayer wifi/online. 10 weapons, (you need to buy the weapons), 3D, chatting, accelaromter for gernades. This seems a bit like Brothers in Arms, but with more features and it's modern.

Quote:
Quote:
Dumb people are dumb.