★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Our friend Meraklis is a young and avaricious Viking who lives in a remote island somewhere in the Northern Seas. He's a plump, stubborn and very strong guy who works in the town's tavern as a cook. His friends and the villagers love his burgers. Especially the triple mc-beefer!!

For the majority of the Vikings, Meraklis is an excellent cook but not an ideal Viking warrior... He's clumsy and slow and he has never been in a real battle. This in fact is something that Meraklis wants to change. He must do something heroic in order to stand out and prove his braveness.

One day, monsters attacked his village and the neighboring areas. He couldn't stand still and do nothing. So, he took his shield and his axe and began to cleanse the island of monsters and discover who is behind this attack and revenge.

If you want to lead him on an adventure full of action, mighty enemies, obstacles and pitfalls then do not delay! Just download the game.

The game is designed to play on the landscape orientation. The controls, the gameplay, the graphics and generally the whole game strongly resembles the old black and white handheld platformed-games of the era of 8bit back in the 90s.

The game features over 20 levels to play (some of them secret) that go along a funny story with many bosses and one final supreme evil that surely will be hard to beat.

Also the game is associated with the Apple Game Center so you can earn achievements and compare your score with your friends.

PSAROKOKKALO
www.psarokokkalo.com
twitter: @psarokokkalo
06-24-2012, 08:14 AM
This is a very good game. It reminds me of Mario, Bonk and the Three Vikings all-mixed in a sIngle platformer. The screenshots are bad and the graphics are wayyy better It's free and it plays perfect in mi iPhone 4S.

06-24-2012, 08:25 AM
I still have a very early version of this game back from last year sometime, guess I will see how it plays now.

3D modelling, design and sequential artist / GameCenter ID: Diab
06-24-2012, 10:31 PM
Well I'm Greek so I have to give it a spin!

I am the punishment of GOD
if you had not committed great sins
GOD would not have sent
a punishment like me upon you Genghis Khan
06-24-2012, 11:20 PM
I'm all about checking out fun-looking new platformers.
06-25-2012, 12:02 AM
Fun little game. Just wish the controls were a bit more responsive.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
06-25-2012, 01:58 AM
Very nice to play!
06-25-2012, 06:53 AM
Fun platformer. The music is good. The controls ruin the game for me though. I actually thought they were decently responsive, but not having it in landscape is completely unrealistic for my hands. They aren't that big either. Well, at least on my 4s. I can say from owning both that the controls seem logical for the iPad. I'll try it on that when I get home. The rest of the game is really nice though.
08-07-2012, 12:10 PM
The game has been updated to v1.6

This major update fixes a number of issues that appeared in the previous versions and adds many improvements in the game engine. We recommend you to install it.

More specifically:
- iOS 5.1 support
- overall stability and speed have been improved
- the controls of the game have been rebalanced
- parallax effect of the game levels has been improved
- graphics and animations upgraded
- a rare glitch that did not allow you to see the ending of the game has been fixed
- the size of the app has been reduced by 20%
- new "darker" layout of buttons and backdrops in the menus as well as a new icon

In the previous updates we improved the stability over older iOS devices such as iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G (the game runs a little slower due to hardware limitations) and we fixed various bugs and glitches.

If you like this game please visit our Facebook page www.facebook.com/psarokokkalo and like us