★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Sparta Lite from Pocket Monkey Games

05-28-2009, 01:14 AM
Sparta Lite from Pocket Monkey Games

Hello TouchArcaders!

A Lite version of Sparta is now available at the following link.

'Sparta Lite' iTunes

Also: An update is coming out to meet the demands of the many players of Sparta, allowing you to purchase new weapons, armor, and health in game and we are also introducing new music and levels to accompany the enemies.

Enjoy!

Game Designer and Producer of Trenches, Evertales, and more!

| Follow me on Twitter or EMAIL ME |
05-28-2009, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Jones View Post
Also: An update is coming out to meet the demands of the many players of Sparta, allowing you to purchase new weapons, armor, and health in game and we are also introducing new music and levels to accompany the enemies.
Excellent, can't wait.

I've been away for awhile, but I'm back.

05-28-2009, 01:30 AM
I hope update is really good as it sounds since I was quite disappointed with my purchase of Sparta Lords of war.
05-28-2009, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderva View Post
I hope update is really good as it sounds since I was quite disappointed with my purchase of Sparta Lords of war.
Tell me, what disappointed you? Was it the graphics or sound effects? The overall gameplay? The lack of a fully-working shop where you are able to buy everything? (I'm guessing the last one, which is being added.)

05-28-2009, 01:56 AM
Every time I tap to attack while moving, movement gets interrupted. This is just my personal opinion, but the game play is dull. I was also disturbed when the game cut me off and flashed the buy now screen. Thought Apple said this is a no no!?!? Anyway... Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
This is not Windows, this is Apple, dude
05-28-2009, 04:23 AM
I think most people feel the game is great and really appreciate it. I for one bought it mostly as in investment since $1 wasn't any skin off my back and the developer told us upfront that updates will be coming. I love the animations and blood effects. Yeah it could use a minor tweak here or there but keep up the great work and congrats on making an app thats in the top 12 of paid games.
05-28-2009, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by appreview123 View Post
I think most people feel the game is great and really appreciate it. I for one bought it mostly as in investment since $1 wasn't any skin off my back and the developer told us upfront that updates will be coming. I love the animations and blood effects. Yeah it could use a minor tweak here or there but keep up the great work and congrats on making an app thats in the top 12 of paid games.
We got Top 11 overall, Top 10 on the iPod since there was one iPhone-only app. We have the new weapons and new levels for the quick 1.3 update, just need to make sure it all works together and then we are submitting very soon, along with an update to the Lite version to show off some of this.

We are also increasing the overall speed of the game to make it a bit more action-packed.

05-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Question

Is it Sparta: Lords of War still or simply Sparta now?

/sarcasm
05-28-2009, 02:24 PM
I'm so glad you guys came out with a lite version, I was really on the fence about Sparta, even though it's only a dollar. I'm going to buy it now after enjoying the first level of the game.
Thanks!
05-28-2009, 02:43 PM
Send a message via AIM to superbad
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDubby94 View Post
Question

Is it Sparta: Lords of War still or simply Sparta now?
yes.

I kept searching for lords of war but realized it's only sparta now

PLEASE Visit The APPera | Follow Me Superbad24 | Follow The APPera Tweets
LOST. Let Go. Move On. Zing!
**GO LAKERS **