★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Band Together (iPad) - by Backflip Studios $2.99 -> FREE

06-25-2012, 05:32 PM
Band Together (iPad) - by Backflip Studios $2.99 -> FREE

06-25-2012, 05:47 PM
And this, after having just gone down to $2.99 on sale the other day. That's gotta sting for anyone who jumped on it.

06-25-2012, 06:13 PM
Great game play, great art. Defiantly worthy of a download.
06-25-2012, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarKitty View Post
And this, after having just gone down to $2.99 on sale the other day. That's gotta sting for anyone who jumped on it.
Yeah, this makes me feel so much better for buying Project 83113. 5 times in the last month, I've been burned for being an early adopter. Now, I get this game, and starracing for free. Feels much better being a non early adopter for a change which is strange. Guess the grass is always greener on the other side...
06-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Rule of thumb: if there's a sale on a game within the first 10 days to more than 99c, a further sale shortly is highly likely.
06-25-2012, 08:05 PM
$5 to free in LESS THAN A WEEK, and they say "thanks early supporters" lol

This is why I never buy full price
06-25-2012, 08:36 PM
Pretty sure there was a typo there, and what they meant to say was "F*** you to our early supporters".

Game Center ID: Quazonk
Twitter: @GomeraMosking
06-25-2012, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Eater View Post
$5 to free in LESS THAN A WEEK, and they say "thanks early supporters" lol

This is why I never buy full price
Well, at least they were polite about it.
06-25-2012, 10:22 PM
Very strange Backflip Studios brought out Paper Toss which was hugely popular. Ragdoll Blaster was also very popular, and RB 2 and Dragonvale. Tunnel Shoot was a good game, I thought, but I don't think it ever caught on.
Anyways, I thought they were/are a reasonably steady successfully development team. Maybe they are having some significant financial issues.

I hope not, but I grab this game with anticipation that it is going to be a pretty good game.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
06-26-2012, 02:59 PM
How disgusting is it that the average rating is now 1 star, all because the whiners are annoyed about the price drop. Really sad when you can see how much love and effort went into the game. later on the devs might even bring out a special IAP that is only unlocked for free by the people who purchased the game.so don't get your knickers in a gwist. But even if they don't, which they shouldn't, they have no reason to.
They aren't trying to punish you, they're just trying to get their name out there and make their game a success! Is that a crime?
You'd do the same. If you liked the look of Tyne game so much that you were willing to spend $5 or $3 on the game, then you should be happy you supported the developers. If the game was just free all the time they obviously wouldn't survive and wouldn't ever create more games or update their old ones.
We have ALL lost money by sales/free games.. I've lost HEAPS! probably at least $50 total over the past year or two. It's the name of the game. We lose some, we win some. But in the end we should be happy that our small contribution is helping the developers in some way ($5 isn't much, but if 1000 people buy it it's 5000, nothing to sneeze at)
We have to remember we are in a community where games are merely pocket change. If this was a Xbox game that was $100 and went down to $0 I can imagine the anger. But it's $5/$3. And you've still got the game, which you were originally happy to pay $5 for.

So please, if anyone reading this 1 starred the game, please go back and give it a truthful/honest review that it deserves.
Remember these devs have been working on this game for so many months of their lives, then its all thrown away because a generous act of kindness backfired and angered too many people.

And people who haven't reviewed, please try to make an effort to leave a review.
I left a 5 starrie. I hope it can undo the 1 starrers because that is seriously so callous. Game ratings are so neglected. It's rarely about quality of game anymore. It's about anything but. Sales/crashes/price/and other random crap.