★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What is the best MINI golf (putt putt golf) game?

05-28-2009, 07:51 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
What is the best MINI golf (putt putt golf) game?

Hi,
I love Putt Putt Golf on my old Sony Ericsson mobile and I'm looking for a good mini golf game for my iPhone. I've tried Mini Golf 99 holes lite and Pocket Mini Golf lite. The 99 holes is quite laggy and though it looks good, the framerate is not. Pocket Mini Golf suits me perfectly, it's easy to pickup and play. I'm just wondering if there's any better games?

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
05-28-2009, 09:18 AM
i think office golf is the best. maybe i'm a little biased because I like the office, but it also plays very well.

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*

05-28-2009, 09:31 AM
hmm.. can't find office golf

05-28-2009, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkei View Post
hmm.. can't find office golf
Try "THE Office Golf"

Jchampl, is it really worth the $2? I only ask because the graphics look very dull/cheap in the screen shots. How are the controls?
05-28-2009, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Try "THE Office Golf"
No luck.. maybe not out in australian appstore?

I saw it on appshopper.com and from the screenshots, it looks like I prefer Pocket Mini Golf.

05-28-2009, 10:15 AM
Quote:
No luck.. maybe not out in australian appstore?

I saw it on appshopper.com and from the screenshots, it looks like I prefer Pocket Mini Golf.
Oh, that's possible.

I also have Mini Golf Ace. It's OK. Nice controls. Not a lot of holes though. I think it's just a single 18 hole course, IIRC. Graphics are clean, but kind of "sterile" - not your typical mini golf colorful theme course.

My only real complaint is with the accelerometer based aiming and panning. Sometimes it can get a little out of control. I can give it a limited recommendation if you like what you see (and hear).
05-28-2009, 10:22 AM
yeah.. I don't really like the graphics. It's too bland. Plus I don't like accelerometer control except for a few games.

If only 99 holes has better framerate..

05-28-2009, 10:26 AM
Quote:
yeah.. I don't really like the graphics. It's too bland. Plus I don't like accelerometer control except for a few games.

If only 99 holes has better framerate..
I feel you. I wanted to get Mini Golf Classic Course, but it's accelerometer based. I wish there was at least a lite to try out the controls.
06-24-2009, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
I feel you. I wanted to get Mini Golf Classic Course, but it's accelerometer based. I wish there was at least a lite to try out the controls.
This is no longer the case. Version 1.1 adds new touch based controls. There is a new settings menu which lets you switch between the different input methods. Hope you give it a shot!

-James
06-24-2009, 12:29 PM
EA is coming out with Mini Golf like for the regular click-wheel iPods. Can't wait for that one!

Quote:
and lastly we have the abu sayaf and MILF, two terrorist factions in the Philippines, and ivé yet to see any fruits of labor from the government concerning these terrorist threats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
There's a MILF terrorist faction? Awesome! Sign me up.