Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-28-2012, 11:38 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

the hellboy helmet is just cosmetics only..
Old 06-28-2012, 11:57 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Thanks guys... opportunity lost.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:29 AM

Default Hidden character

Anyone got the last hidden character besides kapono? And how do you get it? Thanks!
Old 07-01-2012, 08:49 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Anyone know where the secret star is in level 3, first chapter? If so, please screenshot it; I can't find it for the life of me.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:08 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qurao View Post
Anyone know where the secret star is in level 3, first chapter? If so, please screenshot it; I can't find it for the life of me.
It's at the top of the map, between the two sea urchins and above the crab.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:30 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irsan_m View Post
Anyone got the last hidden character besides kapono? And how do you get it? Thanks!
SPOILER ALERT!

•••Spoiler:  The last squid is Jammer (the scout we see in the bonus levels of the original Squids)! It's actually pretty tricky to unlock him, I've figured it out by accident.

I'll tell you just some hints: in the last stage of the 2nd "act" (The Diablo Squid), you have to access a certain area of the map to make Jammer show up (he'll say he's the true spirit of the wild west or something like that). Then you'll have only 1 turn to reach him and do something (yeah, I won't tell you, but it should be pretty obvious when you see where he shows up). Have fun! xD
Old 07-03-2012, 11:42 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 4.x

So,knowing that the devs read these forums, I'd like to make some suggestions (perhaps not implementable right now, but great for the next games):

1- Healing feels clunky. I don't know if it's just my play style, but I've felt this way since the original Squids. More often than not, trying to heal another squid causes more trouble than it's worth, because you risk throwing two or more squids at urchins, TNT's and off cliffs. Since then, I've not used a healer in my team (currently I use 1 scout, 2 shooters and 1 trooper) and I've actually found it easier to play with no healers, as it's more effective to kill the enemies before they have the chance to attack you than to heal the damage they cause. So yeah, it's better to use the healer slot to choose a higher damage dealing squid and not let the enemy attack you at all. Also, power-ups are more than enough to keep you alive if you're careful.

I think healing should have its own mechanics, in a way that it's not detrimental to your positioning. IMO, something along the lines of the shooters' shots without the knock-back would fit perfectly. E.g.: the healer would have to be near the injured squid, then it'd shoot a healing pearl at it.

2- Squids should have unique traits/abilities besides the existing class system, so that many different play styles are possible. I know this currently kinda happens, because of the difference in the stats, but I don't feel it's sufficient to promote enough diversity.

An example of this would be:

Scouts: Romino's dash would add bonus damage to his attacks but would be limited in number; Steev's dash would have more charges and travel a greater distance; Jammer's dash would make him invulnerable for the duration; Kapono's dash would have even more charges but would be shorter.

Shooters: Vesper's shots would deal great damage but have shorter range; Clint's shots would deal moderate damage and have a greater range; Jane's shots would have multiple charges; Cleef's shots would deal AoE damage.

Troopers: Brad's stomp would pull enemies farther but deal less damage; Sammo's stomp would deal high damage and have little knock-back.

3- A skirmish mode is needed. I think it'd be great if we had some sort of infinite arena level in which enemies would spawn in waves and grow stronger over time.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:24 PM
iPad mini

Question for you guys. I want to get this, but haven't played the original Squids. Does this game stand on its own, or should I play the original first for the sake of story, etc.?
Old 07-05-2012, 09:38 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Yahoo to Zendorphin Send a message via Skype™ to Zendorphin

And why is the old game twice the price of the new one? Not saying it isn't worth it, just find that strange.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:42 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zendorphin View Post
And why is the old game twice the price of the new one? Not saying it isn't worth it, just find that strange.
Launch sale.
Wait a while and they'll be the same price.