Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-05-2012, 10:45 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Question for you guys. I want to get this, but haven't played the original Squids. Does this game stand on its own, or should I play the original first for the sake of story, etc.?
They definitely reference the first game, and, of course, the characters you meet in the first are mostly already with you in the second. That being said, I would say you'd have no problem enjoying the second game without having played the first. It does pretty much stand on its own. Most of the dialogue, as excellent as it is, is tongue-in-cheek, so you're not going to really miss anything in terms of an overarching plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zendorphin View Post
And why is the old game twice the price of the new one? Not saying it isn't worth it, just find that strange.
Not sure, but it could be that the second is priced low for launch and may end up going up in price.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:57 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Yahoo to Zendorphin Send a message via Skype™ to Zendorphin

Thanks. Any reasons to skip the first one?
Old 07-05-2012, 10:58 AM

Default bug in the 1st chapter bonus level?

In the Bouncy Saloon bonus level, the goal is to achieve a triple bounce - but even after I make it (the triple bounce combo graphic appears) it fails to register and I'm defeated...
I've done a triple bounce off a single enemy and multiple enemies, found the secret star, not found it - but in every instance I'm defeated after achieving the goal. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a technical glitch?

thanks! btw - this is a _great_ sequel. finished the main storyline over the long holiday weekend and can't wait for the next chapter and part 3.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:05 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 4.x

Weird looking strategy game, but highly popular as I can see. Maybe I will give it a shot in the weekend. Any other game breaking bugs?
Old 07-05-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timedblades View Post
Weird looking strategy game, but highly popular as I can see. Maybe I will give it a shot in the weekend. Any other game breaking bugs?
the potential bug I mentioned only happens in one bonus level and doesn't effect any of the rest of the game. you can successfully go through the entire main storyline and most of the other bonus levels without running into this particular issue I encountered.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:12 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 4.x

Default Huge hidden surprise

Okay, for anyone who did not get 3 stars on all missions until this moment: DO IT NOW!!! There's a hidden bonus you unlock after it! Believe me, it's worth it!

Too curious to know what it is? Read the following spoiler at ur own risk!

WARNING - HUGE SPOILER

•••Spoiler:  Upon getting 3 stars on all missions, you'll unlock WINNICK!!! Here was I, hoping we'd get to play him on the next levels and trying to accomplish 3 stars on all missions just for the sake of boredom, when BAAM "You unlocked Winnick". Haha, a lot of u won't believe me, but it's true. He comes with the straw hat, has 3 dashes and 3 stomps. The bad things are that his stats are hidden (??), his model is the previous one (how nice would it be if we got to play the corrupted one?!) and there's really nothing for u to do at this point with him, since all levels have been cleared =P. Nice touch, devs!
Old 07-08-2012, 12:21 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Question for you guys. I want to get this, but haven't played the original Squids. Does this game stand on its own, or should I play the original first for the sake of story, etc.?
Quote:
I would highly recommend playing the first Squids before Squids Wild West. You would enjoy the story better.

SWW still plays well as a stand alone game.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:14 PM

I would argue that the first game has a plot twist that will exponentially increase your enjoyment of Squids 2.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:01 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
I ran into a nasty bug with Openfeint integration in the first game that prevented me from finishing the game unless I uninstalled and reinstalled (thank goodness for using iExplorer to find the save game first, so I didn't have restart from the beginning). I played the entire game without implementing OF, even in basic generic mode. That worked fine until the bonus levels, then my in-game store became inaccessible and I could no longer level up squids. Enabling OF after the bug appeared had no effect. Once I deleted and reinstalled and enabled OF from the beginning, the game worked fine.

I recommend playing the first one for the story, and as an extended tutorial for this game. It's a much simpler game, overall, with uneven progress, but I'm glad I played it. It was fun despite the nasty bug, but Wild West is a lot more complex and a lot more fun imho. I'm about half-way through WW and I'm enjoying it immensely, and the story has me enthralled. I wasn't nearly so engaged in plain old Squids.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:34 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeso89 View Post
Okay, for anyone who did not get 3 stars on all missions until this moment: DO IT NOW!!! There's a hidden bonus you unlock after it! Believe me, it's worth it!
Has anyone been able to get this bonus, and credit for the 3-starring bonus levels achievement since the most recent update?

I've 3-starred everything, but "Get 3-stars for all bonus missions" achievement is stuck at 95% and isn't moving no matter how many times I replay the bonus levels (and 3-star them once again).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeso89 View Post
Too curious to know what it is? Read the following spoiler at ur own risk!

WARNING - HUGE SPOILER
It looks like that bonus comes only when the achievement is unlocked. I have 3-starred everything but nothing extra has been awarded or unlocked.

I emailed Game Bakers with a bug report and photo showing what's going on, but no response yet.