App description: SQUIDS Wild West has a unique mix of action strategy and RPG: build your team of heroes for challenging turn-based battles against corrupted crabs and shrimp! This sequel is even better than the original, with many surprises in store: devious new enemies, four new playable characters, and nearly twice as many levels. You can even ride seahorses into battle!

The Squids are back: bigger and better! The epic adventure continues as our band of stretchy heroes explore the underwater Wild West, fight back against the evil Black Ooze, and search for Winnick, their fallen comrade. If you don't know SQUIDS yet, SQUIDS Wild West is a great place to start!

What the critics say:
Metacritic: Best iOS games of 2012
TouchArcade: Best RPGs of 2012
"A great adventure for hardcore RPG players, as well as casual iOS gamers, it provides hours and hours of great entertainment. It is definitely going to wind up on my top 10 games of the year list." The App Shack (5/5)
"Its artwork, its animations, its character - almost everything exudes warmth and attention to detail. It is a labor of love, not just a product. And, most importantly, its fun." - GameZebo (5/5)
"The adorable spawn of Angry Birds and Final Fantasy Tactics" -The Escapist

Features:
Brand new chapter in the funny and exciting SQUIDS saga
Unique mix of turn-based tactics and classic RPG elements
An epic adventure: hours of gameplay with varied missions and boss battles
Simple controls: grab Squids by the tentacles, then fling them across the battlefield
Four character classes with different abilities: shooters, scouts, troopers, and healers
Recruit your own Squid army among 12+ playable characters
Equip your Squids with special ability-boosting helmets
Universal App with iCloud syncingplay on any device and store your progress!

SQUIDS Wild West is localized in English, French, German, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, Italian, Russian and Korean.

For the latest SQUIDS news, or to ask us a question, check us out on Twitter @TheGameBakers or Facebook/SquidsTheGame

No Squids were harmed during the making of this game. (But we cant say the same for the shrimp)

Sanuku's comments:

08-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Hmm, I seem to be the only person here playing this! FYI, for anyone else wondering, the latest update fixed the bonus achievement problem.
08-28-2012, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
Hmm, I seem to be the only person here playing this! FYI, for anyone else wondering, the latest update fixed the bonus achievement problem.
Im playing it too and loving it, but i havent gotten veryfar yet, its the first one as good as the sequel?

Favorite games: LittleWing Crystal Caliburn, Legends of Yore, Hook Worlds, Phoenix HD, DoDonPachi Resurrection, Spectral Souls, Bastion, Avadon, Dariusburst SP, Aquaria, King of Dragon Pass & Starbase Orion

08-28-2012, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanTuna View Post
Im playing it too and loving it, but i havent gotten veryfar yet, its the first one as good as the sequel?
To me, the first one felt like a giant extended tutorial for Wild West, but it has a good storyline and is worth playing just for the background material imho. It's not as challenging nor as complex as Wild West, but it was definitely a fun experience and I'm glad I played it too. If you do play the first one, definitely turn ON OpenFeint (if you usually play without it), as I ran into a nasty bug that messed up my in-game store purchasing power without it.

Edit: One nice thing about the first game, is you get to know the individual characters a lot better. There's more of a backstory for the non-shooters, and you get to see how they come together and gel as a group and care about them a little more than you do in Wild West. WW is more about the shooters and the ranch. The first story is more about how the Dark Elements came to take over the environment, and the personalities behind the various heroes.

Last edited by dclose; 08-28-2012 at 10:36 AM.
09-01-2012, 06:51 AM
Bought both games yeasterday (omg WW price droped today and I realy enjoying game. Finishing first Squids. Greata work done Game bakers. Thank you
09-01-2012, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
To me, the first one felt like a giant extended tutorial for Wild West, but it has a good storyline and is worth playing just for the background material imho. It's not as challenging nor as complex as Wild West, but it was definitely a fun experience and I'm glad I played it too. If you do play the first one, definitely turn ON OpenFeint (if you usually play without it), as I ran into a nasty bug that messed up my in-game store purchasing power without it.
Hey thanks! I actually always disable OF so its great advice for me, so im thinking im gonna get the first one and get to it before finishing WW. Having a blast with this one!

Favorite games: LittleWing Crystal Caliburn, Legends of Yore, Hook Worlds, Phoenix HD, DoDonPachi Resurrection, Spectral Souls, Bastion, Avadon, Dariusburst SP, Aquaria, King of Dragon Pass & Starbase Orion
10-27-2012, 05:14 AM
Hi all,

TA says wild west is free for the week-end but the free promotion ended last night actually. Just wanted to tell you so that you're not disappointed.

Thanks for playing Squids! We'll have more Squids and non Squids related news pretty soon, working hard on new gams as well.

Cheers!
12-24-2012, 12:48 PM
Anyone else hit a bug on the last bonus level?

Maybe I am just an idiot, but there doesn't seem to be a door for exiting after I defeat everyone. I have tried a few times. These are my last three stars, I will be sad to see it end, but I would like to see the big surprise.
01-02-2013, 10:53 PM
FREE again!

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
01-03-2013, 11:30 PM
Downloading...
01-15-2013, 11:02 PM
I'm trying to complete the disco map mission where u have to find 4 cursed helmets. I still have one left, it's the one for healer squids. On the map, it appears on the top right corner but i dont know where that location is. Could u guys help me? Thx a lot