Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-05-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
When do you get the mountain?

Also, anyone want to add me? . Is there an add me thread yet?

I'm still surprised I am still playing this. I'm really torn, because it does some things I hate in freemium games. Am I the only one who has mistakenly hit the "speed up" button when harvesting trees?

Why do games like this not realize that you are doing no one any favors by NOT putting a confirmation. It's shady and it's the thing that puts me off playing them. It ensures I'll never pay money, that's for sure. Same happened in we rule. It's very disappointing
You get the gate at level 9 but need to do a few goals for Billy before you're able to buy it.

There's an add me thread in the codes section.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:28 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarusdeath View Post
Agreed 100 percent discussed this with creator he says they will put in confirmation button time will tell. What gets me is they make it very hard to earn flooze but extremely easy to spend it. It's very shady and like u said a reason I won't spend real money when an accidental tap can cost you several real dollars.

Also why is flooze so expensive. Seriously it costs 8 dollars for haunted house and 12 dollars for complete cowboy set. I wouldn't pay 10 bucks for this whole game if everything was unlocked, but obviously people with way too much disposable income play this game as its obvious many people do spend that. They clearly read the zynga handbook for how to rip off and screw your fanbase. Good for developers sad for casual playErs.
The incredibly slow nature of earning F is simply crazy. Where NB gives you their currency with a very fair hand, they are crazily stingy here. But funnily because of how NB handles it, I've given them my money and probably will continue to do so. But developers that handle it like this simply won't get my money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by {:L.S:} View Post
You get the gate at level 9 but need to do a few goals for Billy before you're able to buy it.

There's an add me thread in the codes section.
Thanks. And of course maybe 10 minutes after I posted I saw it in the game. /facepalm
Old 08-05-2012, 05:54 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Sorry, I disagree about the flooz being too hard getting, this is not something to play in one sitting.
Some stuff have crazy prices though, like 8 usd for a house. Sure, you can save flooz for a long time and get it, but 80 flooz is seriously expensive.

Last edited by ednan; 08-05-2012 at 06:20 PM..
Old 08-05-2012, 06:26 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednan View Post
Sorry, I disagree about the flooz being too hard getting, this is not something to play in one sitting.
Some stuff have crazy prices though, like 8 usd for a house. Sure, you can save flooz for a long time and get it, but 80 flooz is seriously expensive.
That's the point. Getting 80 flooz is crazy, and the actual cash price is stupid.

Look at tiny tower or those sorts of games, they dole out their currency in an appropriate way. Zynga doesn't. This game is more in line with the "if you want anything unique, you're going to pay for it" mantra, and the price you have to pay is crazy. The fact that they've got an option to spend $100 on IAP makes me really frustrated.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:31 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Hi, I am absolutely loving this game. I've been waiting a while for a game that would remind me of Animal Crossings and this does have its charm.

I would like to request the ability to sell multiple of the same items at one time.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:51 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to Jordanrracer

Good game, terrible IAP pricing.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:59 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Currently, the level of free flooz is thus:

2 per day from peppin requests, these range from obscenely easy like raw wood to nasty like dragon statues, high level players should be able to satisfy these.

2 per day from friends you visit and help. This is a hard cap and resets every 24 hours, every friend helped past that is worth 300 gold.

1 minimum per day from lucky spin.

Variable per day from the wheel, really good spinners might net 4-6 from it, others might get nothing.

1 minimum from manufactured coins, these are long process makes, so you won't get more than one a day.

Broadly you're guaranteed three flooz a day, ramping up to five to six in the ale stages from level 10 onward. Now, what does the five or so flooz get you?

Nothing.

By level 10 you'll be paying close to 20 flooz for a city expansion, and 10 flooz for forest or mountain expansions. Most of the collector buildings start from 40 flooz and up.

The free flow of flooz really becomes insignificant once you're at the mid to upper levels of the game, especially once you've exhausted your upgrade options to expand "vertically". Four to five days simply to scrounge enough flooz to buy one or two buildings of space is dense, and is definitely a wall.

The obvious fix is the tiny towers style flooz tip for helping residents, make it a 1 in 6 and you've got a gentle, but constant trickle of flooz that turns purchases back from necessities to useful conveniences. A secondary fix would be to introduce a second craft option at the mountain studio for crafted flooz on a 12 hour timer. Adding improved prices on the prize wheel would also be a definite boon, particularly since right now upgrading it is utterly counterproductive.

Long and the short, it's fine to have a few flooz buildings for those who want to burn money, but flooz should not be an impediment to main gameplay, it should be a convenience.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:05 PM

"flooz should not be an impediment to main gameplay, it should be a convenience."

I definitely agree with this statement, we designed the game with that in mind.

We increased back the # of flooz you earn visiting your friends to 3 per day.

We are thinking of adding more ways to earn flooz especially with the minigames such as the dungeon. I'll let you know what we will be doing soon.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:24 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

my combo images aren't showing up correctly?

the palm tree is supposed to be in front of the surf shop/tiki torch/glasses shop combo but it's in front of the fish market/pirate mast/bazaar combo

also I didn't get my free token today, the counter is there and i should have gotten one about an hour or so ago but I didn't.

EDIT: visitors also aren't staying in my hotel theyre going into my houses so I can't get the visit I need to upgrade

Last edited by daileylady; 08-05-2012 at 09:04 PM.. Reason: edit to add
Old 08-05-2012, 08:40 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by moleki View Post
"flooz should not be an impediment to main gameplay, it should be a convenience."

I definitely agree with this statement, we designed the game with that in mind.

We increased back the # of flooz you earn visiting your friends to 3 per day.

We are thinking of adding more ways to earn flooz especially with the minigames such as the dungeon. I'll let you know what we will be doing soon.
Thank you for the increase back to 3 per day (thru friends)! By the way, did you get my PM yesterday?