Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-06-2012, 04:00 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

The ads are definitely annoying. Since there's a small delay between opening the game and connecting to the online features, I keep tapping on something and then by the time it registers, the ad has popped up in the same place and I'm being taken to the app store. Once I've exited and gone back to the game, another ad pops up. It's avoidable by waiting a few seconds each time you open the app and dismissing the ad when it appears, but it's irritating.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:37 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Send a message via MSN to JayuZmaN Send a message via Yahoo to JayuZmaN

stop the adds please...

it's kind of annoying... = =!
Old 08-06-2012, 06:49 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

OK. This is a hate/rant post to the dev. It's mildly aggressive. If you don't like to read rants skip it

Yesterday before sleeping I left my stuff crafting etc. Awesome game I thought. Spent 8 bucks on it already, because I thought deserved money for doing such a great job.
Today, when I woke up, I went check everything that was done and was greeted with an AD.
What the fu** I thought, but oh well, if it is something that happens like once a day, maybe I can cope with it.
But no, for my surprise, everytime I open the app, from a cold start or a not, I am greeted with a mother***** giant ad, which 50/50 crashes my iPod and my iPhone.
You see, I accept the fact that the devs. must make money, but I gave them money already and get this game crashing ads every single time I enter the app. This is bullsh**.
What makes it even worse is that was server sided, so everyone was happy playing without any hint of this s*** becoming an ad fest.
If we were benefited from it, like getting flooz, *maybe* it would be a little more acceptable.
But no, overnight the devs. turned this game into the most disgusting pile of steaming s***.

EDIT: Oh, and thanks for teaching me to never give another freemium chance of being good. You might invest some good money on them and the devs f*** everything while you sleep.
I think I'll keep the game a couple of days hoping that this was just an awful mistake, and the ads are for people that never bought anything.

EDIT 2: For the Touch Arcade crew, if you do a proper review of this game, don't forget to note what they have done here, this gives a lot of food for thought.

EDIT 3: I know I should've not use ***** in the words, but I think the situation asks for that... feel free to mod my post...

Last edited by ednan; 08-06-2012 at 08:33 AM..
Old 08-06-2012, 06:51 AM

I don't like the ads because they slow down the start up of the game.. I need to close the ads out but the majority of the time b/c of the slow start up I click on the ad and go to the app store... Please remove them..
Old 08-06-2012, 07:03 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Magical Gem

Can anyone Tell me how i can get this Item "Magical Gem"? I dont know how ..

BTW add me in GC: Can diceAccola
Old 08-06-2012, 07:06 AM

The adverts that pop up everytime I load it up are starting to grind on me...

Also.. How do I request items off my freinds? E.g a few wood planks?
Old 08-06-2012, 07:47 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Lose the ads for those of us who have bought IAPs. This isn't a suggeston, the only thing this will result in is a lot of angry customers and a lot of bad reviews.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:10 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

+1 on every comment about the annoying ads. Seems sneaky to put them in server-side.

I'm now looking for another game like this to play instead. Suggestions appreciated.

I had such high hopes for Happy Street, it was so much fun at the beginning. Now at level 13 it's just become boring and tedious as others have said. The ads just pushed me over the edge.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:20 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuilelath View Post
+1 on every comment about the annoying ads. Seems sneaky to put them in server-side.

I'm now looking for another game like this to play instead. Suggestions appreciated.

I had such high hopes for Happy Street, it was so much fun at the beginning. Now at level 13 it's just become boring and tedious as others have said. The ads just pushed me over the edge.
Although I don't feel like playing freemiums anymore, I decided to give Dragonvale a shot, since it has been around for a long time and I don't expect any dirty move by now...
Old 08-06-2012, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolineForbes View Post
Can anyone Tell me how i can get this Item "Magical Gem"? I dont know how ..

BTW add me in GC: Can diceAccola
From Pepin after crafting him a Black Lotus I think it's called.