★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Toon shooters now free

06-26-2012, 03:16 PM
Toon shooters now free

This game just launched and says free for a limited time, so I got no idea if they will go the freemium route or premium route. It is a side scrolling shmup like deathsmiles, but has a lot of different kinds of ships (toons), so you can get a mix of different firing styles and gameplay.

The graphics are great on my new ipad with cartoony graphics, and the bosses are a lot of fun.

There are however a lot of inapps, coins, and even some limited ads on cut screens, but so far for me, it seems like you can play the game without inapps, but it does seem that tons of things are inapp purchases, so let's say it seems to encourage them. Whether they go freemium or not, that is anyone's guess, but for free right now, I highly recommend downloading it now, and playing with it.

The sounds kind of remind me of Chillingo's colorbandit, so I wonder if this was made by that programming group. But the attention to detail is good in this game all around. Not as fun as a cave shmup, but good nonetheless.

Can someone please link this for me? I hope no one has already posted this is the past, but I haven't seen it posted before.

Edit: thanks sladeums for always being so kind to link a lot of my posts, you rock!

Last edited by Connector; 06-26-2012 at 03:19 PM.
06-26-2012, 03:17 PM

06-26-2012, 03:19 PM
Graphics style looks great! Thanks for the heads up!

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.
06-26-2012, 03:25 PM
Great game with lots of variety, although certain levels (Level 7, I'm looking at you) need some tweaking. Definately worth trying while it's free.
06-26-2012, 03:37 PM
Some menu ads. Good shooter though!

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!
06-26-2012, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EfratBarTal View Post
Some menu ads. Good shooter though!
If you look in the main thread on this game, the developer has come in and said the ads would be taken out in the next update.

I am starting to dig this game though. Level one wasn't that much fun, but levels 2 and 3 are awesome! I really like the bosses, and the mid bosses are a blast too. Also, I like how you can control the ship either with your left or right hand, that is cool. The developer has said in the next update he will make the buttons moveable too.

The more I play, the more I like it, and now I am curious to see how all the ships play, even though I am not sure if you have to buy them from inapps or not.

Cool game though, and love the game size, so small! I'm surprised with the small game size, how good it looks on my new ipad. Only 35 mb, wow!

Loaded it onto my too full iphone since it was so small, while the graphics arent as pretty as my new ipad, it is almost easier to control because the screen is so small.

So this game will stay on both my ipad and iphone, that is very rare in happening since my iphone only has 8 gb.

Glad I found this game today for free. A real gem.

Last edited by Connector; 06-26-2012 at 04:09 PM.
06-26-2012, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Cool game though, and love the game size, so small! I'm surprised with the small game size, how good it looks on my new ipad. Only 35 mb, wow!

Loaded it onto my too full iphone since it was so small, while the graphics arent as pretty as my new ipad, it is almost easier to control because the screen is so small.

So this game will stay on both my ipad and iphone, that is very rare in happening since my iphone only has 8 gb.
Wow this put a smile on my face this morning haha.. we tried really hard to keep the filesize below wifi requirement - very happy to know that aspect of the game is appreciated Cheers for your support
06-26-2012, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooff.Games View Post
Wow this put a smile on my face this morning haha.. we tried really hard to keep the filesize below wifi requirement - very happy to know that aspect of the game is appreciated Cheers for your support
Well, this game made me smile after downloading it, so guess we're even.

And cheers for your good job as a developer. Hopefully soon, you can make a good vertical shmup too.

And don't forget to try to make a video of all the ships, maybe you can send it to Sanuku to post on his youtube page. I think you can unlock them by playing, but if you can buy a ship for 99 cents or something, I would be glad to, just with a video of the ships, I would know which ones to buy.
06-26-2012, 11:58 PM
Looks related to the Daisy's Day Out, Bug Factory, and a dogs-punching-robots game who's name I forgot, that were pulled from the AppStore a long time ago. dev was Buffet Games, they were nice looking, fun, and simple little games and I Was bummed to see the dev leave the AppStore. Hope this is their return!
06-27-2012, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Well, this game made me smile after downloading it, so guess we're even.

And cheers for your good job as a developer. Hopefully soon, you can make a good vertical shmup too.

And don't forget to try to make a video of all the ships, maybe you can send it to Sanuku to post on his youtube page. I think you can unlock them by playing, but if you can buy a ship for 99 cents or something, I would be glad to, just with a video of the ships, I would know which ones to buy.
Ooh.. that's cool! a video with different character/shots and pets - I was looking for some reason to do more video editing... haha this is perfect - I'll start something on the weekend for sure and pass it to Sanuku