Quote:
Originally Posted by TR3S View Post
Was that a Stan Lee reference?
:S lol didn't even think of that
Old 06-27-2012, 02:35 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidgoku123 View Post
I don't want the best graphics or anything but the game should be playable if it is made for the device,otherwise don't make the game.
also rr2 point in not invalid I'am not saying that asphalt will not get better with updates but knowing gl there is a little chance of that.also not everyone can buy a new device everyear,ipod touch was releases in september 2010 so it's thoeretically just over an year old.
also you are contradicting yourself by saying that rr2 is bound to look better,it is an year older than asphalt and also it was developed on relatively newer hardware at that point in time.
noone is expecting mindblowing hd graphics or anything,but we atleast expect the game to be playable considering they already scaled down the graphics soo much that it looks like crap now.And I'am certainly in the real world my friend.
Sidgoku13 You remind me of my impossible clients. If you want better graphics, buy a better device. This game does not even work on the 3gs. So think, how are they going to make this run smoothly on your ipod touch and give it super graphics at the same time? If you've ever played a game on a low end pc you would learn that you gotta reduce the visuals for it to run smoothly. I also have an ipod touch 4g. I know what I have so I know what to expect. You want better? buy better.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:23 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

So, does it work well on an iPod 4th Gen? I'm not caring about the graphics right now, just the framerate.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:31 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Been away from this thread for some time. Can anyone please tell me whether iPad 2 and the iPhone 4[S] have the same graphic capabilities or not? I really hope my iPad 2 can play this game with realtime shadowing and hires textures as displayed in jojopetv's video review.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:35 PM

Day 1 for me . I am really satisfied by gameloft's last 2 releases, nova 3 and asphalt 7 .
Old 06-27-2012, 03:40 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by slikaroo View Post
Sidgoku13 You remind me of my impossible clients. If you want better graphics, buy a better device. This game does not even work on the 3gs. So think, how are they going to make this run smoothly on your ipod touch and give it super graphics at the same time? If you've ever played a game on a low end pc you would learn that you gotta reduce the visuals for it to run smoothly. I also have an ipod touch 4g. I know what I have so I know what to expect. You want better? buy better.
The problem is, they're not giving us "super graphics". Not only are they significantly downgrading the visuals, but the performance still is not up to par. Other mobile game engines have different processing power, so of course it's unfair to compare between other developers. But an easy comparison can be made between two of Gameloft's own titles. Look at Gangstar 2 and Gangstar 3. Gangstar 2 had mediocre character textures, great environment textures, mediocre draw distance, but an amazingly smooth framerate. Gangstar 3 had more vehicles and customization, but on the same older device Gangstar 2 was played on, it had horrible environment textures, average character textures, bad draw distance, and a terrible framerate. I don't see how tranformations like this can occur, and it's only getting worse from here. They need to understand that we don't always want new visual features(i.e. the ridiculous amount of reflections in this game), we just want the games to run smoothly, and have decent textures.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:44 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-FeliX-0 View Post
So, does it work well on an iPod 4th Gen? I'm not caring about the graphics right now, just the framerate.
The framerate is a little under what I'd like, and it can really slow down in intense action. But the gameplay makes up for it I think, and if all else fails wait for a sale. Check out the video I posted earlier for reference (though I only explore the city so not much slowdown occurs) And as I said earlier, use Gangstar 3 or NOVA 3 for reference of what you can expect for framerate on an iPod Touch 4th gen. However, I found those other two games to just become frustrating with a bad framerate, when this one slows down it doesn't get on your nerves as much.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpman252 View Post
The problem is, they're not giving us "super graphics". Not only are they significantly downgrading the visuals, but the performance still is not up to par. Other mobile game engines have different processing power, so of course it's unfair to compare between other developers. But an easy comparison can be made between two of Gameloft's own titles. Look at Gangstar 2 and Gangstar 3. Gangstar 2 had mediocre character textures, great environment textures, mediocre draw distance, but an amazingly smooth framerate. Gangstar 3 had more vehicles and customization, but on the same older device Gangstar 2 was played on, it had horrible environment textures, average character textures, bad draw distance, and a terrible framerate. I don't see how tranformations like this can occur, and it's only getting worse from here. They need to understand that we don't always want new visual features(i.e. the ridiculous amount of reflections in this game), we just want the games to run smoothly, and have decent textures.
But the thing is, that hinders the production of great graphics and effects on a higher end device, when they are becoming more and more common while the older devices are becoming more obsolete. True, the iPod 4 is the best iPod at the moment, but hopefully that will change this year.

I love the new effects, unless it's a highly competitive game. Then I usually turn all of the settings to very low.