Old 06-27-2012, 08:31 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggavelli View Post
Downloading...
It's loading up!!!
Old 06-27-2012, 08:39 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

The console game that recently came out is actually quite good. Not saying this will follow in the same footsteps but don't write it off simply because it's a movie tie in version. It could surprise us. I might take the plunge, but not until the weekend.

Looking forward to other members impressions of the title. Didn't realize it was out already.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:43 AM

K so right upon starting it up, a few things to note. First, the draw distance isn't very good, so buildings near you can look kinda gross. The framerate is so-so on my device, but pretty similar to all of Gameloft's other modern titles. But I gotta tell you, web-slinging is just as fun as I expected it to be, and the animations as you fling around NY are really nice. Even though it seems similar to Total Mayhem, the combat seems more satisying around, but I can't quite put my finger on why. I'll post pics soon. And note that I'm on iPod Touch 4th gen, so the draw distance and framerate are probably better on newer devices.
Oh and one thing to note about web-slinging. The webs don't actually stick to buildings, but Gameloft kinda made you think that they do because if there's no clear place for a web to latch on to, it cancels the action (so you can't web sling in the middle of an open field, for example)

Last edited by chimpman252; 06-27-2012 at 08:45 AM..
Old 06-27-2012, 08:49 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I'm interested to hear if iPad Retina resolution is included...I'm guessing not, but one can always hope, right? I like the sound of "random missions, collectibles and more secrets" mentioned in the description...could give the game life after the story missions are over.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:59 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceyprime View Post
I'm interested to hear if iPad Retina resolution is included...I'm guessing not, but one can always hope, right? I like the sound of "random missions, collectibles and more secrets" mentioned in the description...could give the game life after the story missions are over.
They didn't mention "iPad retina enabled", but maybe that's sort of a standard that can be assumed by now? Either way, I hope it is. Even if it's not retina, they did mention it's a good-looking game (in multiple ways, see the "High production value game" header in the description)
Old 06-27-2012, 09:00 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Im just glad its under 1gig
Old 06-27-2012, 09:02 AM

Soon...

Old 06-27-2012, 09:03 AM

More things to note:
1. Though there isn't a "web-rush" feature in this one like there is in the console one, there is a feature similar to the grapple in the Batman Arkham series, whereas as you move throughout the city preset areas near where you look will be highlited with a target, and if you press a button you will automatically sling to it, so it's kinda similar.
2. The ambient music playing as you free-roam sounds strangely similar to something that would be in Inception...
3. I you stand still, the camera pulls in really close to you for a cinematic feel
4. When you're stuck to a building, if you hold down the jump button you'll perch there looking outwards, and when you let go you leap of just like you do in the cutscene in the beginning of the trailer/hands ons.
5. Framerate STILL is pretty crappy on my older device
Old 06-27-2012, 09:10 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Soon...

Goooodd!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2012, 09:12 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpman252 View Post
More things to note:
1. Though there isn't a "web-rush" feature in this one like there is in the console one, there is a feature similar to the grapple in the Batman Arkham series, whereas as you move throughout the city preset areas near where you look will be highlited with a target, and if you press a button you will automatically sling to it, so it's kinda similar.
2. The ambient music playing as you free-roam sounds strangely similar to something that would be in Inception...
3. I you stand still, the camera pulls in really close to you for a cinematic feel
4. When you're stuck to a building, if you hold down the jump button you'll perch there looking outwards, and when you let go you leap of just like you do in the cutscene in the beginning of the trailer/hands ons.
5. Framerate STILL is pretty crappy on my older device
Thanks for the update. I wonder if they're planning on building the dark knight on the new spider-man engine... As much as I love them both having a re-skinned version of the same game doesn't really appeal to me