App description: SALE!! 66% OFF THIS WEEKEND!! "Like stealth? Like explosions? You're going to love Dynamite Jack." - 4.5 stars, TouchArcade

"Its not often I come across I game that I believe should be on every iPad. Dynamite Jack is one of those games." - 4.5 stars, 148Apps

"There are some games that you can instantly tell are going to be good, and Dynamite Jack is one of them." - 4.5 stars, Apple'N'Apps

Dynamite Jack must blast his way to freedom! Jack, a brave space marine, armed with only bombs and a flashlight, must escape the Anathema Mines! Use stealth to sneak past guards and bombs to obliterate enemies in this intense top-down action-adventure.

- 28 Official Maps
Each level brings you closer to the surface of the Anathema Mines. Battle your way through guards, scientists, cave trolls, lasers, and robotic spiders!

- Build More Maps
Have you destroyed and crushed the game? It's time to make MORE GAME! The super simple level editor will empower you to create levels in just minutes! You can share them with your friends and the world!

- 100s of Community Maps
Ready for more? Every map that is shared will be available for you to play! Skim through the most popular levels and have a blast escaping all the user created maps.

- Speedrun Leaderboards
Each level in the game has its own speedrun leaderboard for competing with your friends and everyone else! Each community created map also gets its own leaderboard, so you can compete with your friends on the map you just created!

- Also includes: Retina display support, Game Center achievements, iCade compatible controls

Echoseven's comments:
Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 62 MB.

Price in NZ is $4.19 which should translate to USD $2.99

Requirements : Compatible with iPad.Requires iOS 4.2 or later.

iPhone Screenshots
click to enlarge

Dynamite Jack must blast his way to freedom! Jack, a brave space marine, armed with only bombs and a flashlight, must escape the Anathema Mines! Use stealth to sneak past guards and bombs to obliterate enemies in this intense top-down action-adventure.

- 28 Thrilling Levels
Each level brings you closer to the surface of the Anathema Mines. Battle your way through guards, scientists, cave trolls, lasers, and robotic spiders!

- Build More Maps
Have you destroyed and crushed the game? It's time to make MORE GAME! The super simple level editor will empower you to create levels in just minutes! You can share them with your friends and the world!

- Play More Maps
Ready for more? Every map that is shared will be available for you to play! Skim through the most popular levels and have a blast escaping all the user created maps.

- Speedrun Leaderboards
Each level in the game has its own speedrun leaderboard for competing with your friends and everyone else! Each community created map also gets its own leaderboard, so you can compete with your friends on the map you just created!

Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 62 MB.

Price in NZ is $4.19 which should translate to USD $2.99
06-28-2012, 01:51 AM
Is it Retina-ready?

Thanks
06-28-2012, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MohdSaud View Post
Is it Retina-ready?

Thanks
Yep And it's iCade compatible too!

-Phil

Last edited by philhassey; 06-28-2012 at 07:20 AM.

06-28-2012, 11:08 AM
Are the community maps built by PC players available for iPad players too (and vice-versa) or are they platform-locked?
06-28-2012, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceyprime View Post
Are the community maps built by PC players available for iPad players too (and vice-versa) or are they platform-locked?
All the maps are available to everyone. So that means the iPad version comes with a TON of extra maps

A fan-based website called Dynamite Maps has been running map designing contests in collaboration with me - there will be a new one announced soon! Prizes and stuff will ensue

-Phil
06-28-2012, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philhassey View Post
All the maps are available to everyone. So that means the iPad version comes with a TON of extra maps

A fan-based website called Dynamite Maps has been running map designing contests in collaboration with me - there will be a new one announced soon! Prizes and stuff will ensue

-Phil
That's fantastic news - thanks Phil!
06-28-2012, 01:07 PM
I'm really loving this one - easily the best new release in of the week.
06-28-2012, 04:22 PM
This is a good game. Puzzle games usually irritate me, but this is fun.
06-28-2012, 05:48 PM
I agree with the other folks who posted here - this is an excellent game with very nice presentation. The built in levels I have played so far are fun and the ability to create my own levels and play others' levels makes it really special and worth the "premium" price.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
06-28-2012, 06:12 PM
Fantastic on the PC. Bought it as soon as I saw it was out on iPad - hadn't kept up with the coming soon stuff, so didn't even know it was on the way. Haven't played yet, but I'm expecting to find it just as fun as the desktop version.
06-30-2012, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisko6 View Post
Why no iPhone release? Is there one planned for the future?
Quote:
Originally Posted by philhassey View Post
The game menus, campaign, map editor, and a bunch of other stuff didn't fit onto the iPhone sized screen. I haven't decided if I will do an iPhone version yet. Time will tell!

Hope everyone has fun playing the game!!

-Phil (developer of Dynamite Jack)
I hope there's an iPhone release, I love the look of this game.

Playing: Ski Safari, Polara, Girls Like Robots, Dynamite Jack, Monster Flip, Polymer, Super Mole Escape, Dream of Pixels, Radballs