★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Fish Tycoon out

11-23-2008, 09:32 AM
Fish Tycoon out

Fish Tycoon is out.

Tho I'm not a sim player by default... ...I kind of really enjoyed it in my old Palm getting all those 7 magic fishes.

It's fun and there are a lot things to do: breed, buy stuff, sell fishes and so on.

However, two buyers have reported at App Store that the game is not saving when exited which makes it more a demo than a game.

I looked at LDW site but I could not find anything about iPhone game or this bug.

Priced $1.99 I may purchased it to revive those nice Palm days.
11-23-2008, 11:20 AM
Just got it...

Well it doesn't seem to be saving for me either, but then again I haven't completed the tutorial, I imagine it would start saving after you complete it? I'm @ work so I don't really have time to test it out fully, I will post back if I figure it out...

11-23-2008, 11:28 AM
I've just purchased and as far as I remember it should save right away and keep running even if exited (of course not really running... It just calculates the time you exited and the time you came back and then accelerate the game...).

It seems a major bug indeed.
11-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Good. I've been waiting for a game like this. Now for PopCap Games to port over Insaniquarium and I'll have almost every game I've wanted on a mobile device.
11-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
I've just purchased and as far as I remember it should save right away and keep running even if exited (of course not really running... It just calculates the time you exited and the time you came back and then accelerate the game...).

It seems a major bug indeed.
Are you playing with or without the tutorial? I tried with the tutorial and it didn't save it, I'm wondering if you have to at least make it through the tutorial...
11-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337brian View Post
Are you playing with or without the tutorial? I tried with the tutorial and it didn't save it, I'm wondering if you have to at least make it through the tutorial...
Without the tutorial since I've already played the game before. It's a big bug.

I've already opened a support ticket and if I get a reply I'll post it here.
11-23-2008, 11:55 AM
I've tried with and without the tutorial. It simply doesn't save. I can't find a save button either. Also, does anyone else also think that feeding the fish, giving them medicine is kind of hard? I mean, I just can't do it easily. I have to try and try jsut to feed them. Am I doing something wrong or is the button simply too small for me to touch?
11-23-2008, 12:26 PM
LDW support just replied my ticket and a fix should be submitted soon.

As for the feeding I think it could be improved. The port seems to be a hard one, I mean they could take advantage of the iPhone touch interfacerather than porting a pen based interface where everything can be tiny. Something like a bigger button to bring on screen actions such as feed, heal and so on.

I'll Write more later.
11-23-2008, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
LDW support just replied my ticket and a fix should be submitted soon.

I'll Write more later.
Man how could they release it with a bug like that???
how could they have missed that???
11-23-2008, 03:05 PM
Yes that was a big, big bug...

It seems that most developers are rush out some of the ports rather than make a good version for a new and different device such as the iPhone.

Not only this major issue but also the interface makes me wondering...