★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Everybody Chime In - What matters most?

View Poll Results: What matters most to you about a game?
Polished graphics & interface. 12 60.00%
Solid controls. 9 45.00%
Sound design. 6 30.00%
Depth & idea behind the game. 11 55.00%
Fun factor & replay value. 17 85.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll
05-28-2009, 12:33 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to chrisrushing
Everybody Chime In - What matters most?

I'm curious what the general population feels matters most concerning touch games.
Thought this might be a good thread idea. Multiple choice poll above!

Oh and sound design would include music, if that wasn't obvious.

Last edited by chrisrushing; 05-28-2009 at 12:53 PM.
05-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Send a message via AIM to dogmeat
Three important things:

1. Handling
2. Replayability
3. FUN

If the game doesn't handle well, its a waste. If you only get 10 minutes of enjoyment out of it, its a waste and if it's not fun, whats the point, it's a game after all!

Artist | Designer
@PixelDogmeat
05-28-2009, 12:47 PM
Personally, the only thing I don't care about much is the sound because I am almost always playing with mute on.
05-28-2009, 12:58 PM
All of the above!
05-28-2009, 01:21 PM
Fun Factor & Replay
The reason being that if a game doesn't have solid controls... then it's not fun. A game that has me always coming back to it means I'll have it on my iphone longer than anything else, which means I'm more likely to purchase games from that same dev because I have been playing the last game so much

Graphics & UI
Any dev that takes the time to get the input of player on how the UI should be will always get brownie point with me. Graphics are that eye candy that helps sell, but if a game isn't fun then it means nothing.

Depth & Idea
The idea behind a game is pretty import to me. There's nothing wrong with taking an existing idea and making it better... but those who try something completely different will always get a sale from me. I like the idea of playing some I haven't played before, or something I have played before... but in a completely different way. Depth is always good to have in a game but I don't find it near as important because I play on an iphone. I need to constantly jump in and out of games so I don't mind it as I can't invest a lot of time to a game anyways.
05-28-2009, 02:40 PM
If the game isn't fun and doesn't offer replay value... who cares about the rest?

Get fired up and hit the road in Assault Bandit
www.sumiguchi.com - Videos Here!
Have a toddler at home? Take a break while they learn to count: Count With Me (Free - No ads/links or other BS)