Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-27-2012, 07:26 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default MOLEHEART - (by Gamevil) - Universal App

Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 182 MB.

Price in NZ is FREE

Requirements : Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad.Requires iOS 4.1 or later.

iPhone Screenshots
click to enlarge

For Freedom and Victory!

HD Action Defense

Protect your kingdom from enemies as you deploy your Hero, William and his troops in this tower defense strategy game. When a jealous brother turns his back on the kingdom and sells his soul to the devil, the Underworld of the moles find themselves helpless to the ghouls and goblins that threaten them. Prince William decides to bravely lead his units into war to defend the mole-folk. Battling endless stages and challenges- help William conquer evil and restore peace to the Underworld!

FEATURES

EPIC BATTLES WITH ENDLESS UNITS

Control your units and upgrade skill by leveling up in specialty skills and unit combinations

MEET ALLIES AS YOU PROGRESS THROUGH ADVENTURE MODE

Experience the thrill of complete Hero control as you use special attacks and gauge unit deployment

VERSATILE JOBS SYSTEM FOR UNLIMITED CUSTOMIZATION

Choose from a wide variety of army units that march towards the enemy

UNTOLD SKILLS, STAGES AND ABILITIES AWAIT!

Boasting over 60 different stages, train your troops and lead them to victory!

─────────────────────

Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 182 MB.

Price in NZ is FREE
Old 06-27-2012, 08:34 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Another mole game!
Since it's free then I'm guessing some form of IAP strata?
Old 06-28-2012, 01:53 PM

Moleheart is now LIVE on the App Store!

Download for FREE here: http://bit.ly/MOLEHEART

Last edited by gamevil_TA; 03-15-2013 at 04:05 PM..
Old 06-28-2012, 02:04 PM

Looks like a side-scrolling defense game. Dont they (Gamevil) have another game in this genre already? I recall people liked that one, although I didnt think it compared well to, for example, Paladog.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:53 PM

Yep, sidescroller with lots of upgradeable stuff. Doesnt have the charm of Paladog, but not bad, and free. Only thing I dont like is that you cant grind prior levels, so if you spend your gold unwisely or whatnot, you have to surf the current level, failing it repeatedly, to get more gold.

Other thing that is weird is after every level you "bet" and get a multipier added to the gold you earned. It seems its not really a bet, you cant lose and the amount is whatever you earned. English seems a tad dodgy like that throughout the game.

Last edited by ArtNJ; 06-28-2012 at 02:57 PM..
Old 06-28-2012, 10:05 PM

The whole earning coins thing isnt too bad actually. At one point when I was getting killed by a stage, the King spontaneously gave me 6,000 coins "because I seemed to be giving up". Another time I failed a stage, I think you are supposed to get the special unit when you clear it. But when I failed it, the special unit came out, told me to take heart, it was just a setback, and joined the cause.

There really isnt much rock-paper-scissors strategy yet, just tank, ranged and dps, but its addictive enough if you like this sort of game.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:46 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Thanks ArtNJ. Downloading...
Old 06-30-2012, 01:56 PM

It does get grindy, and the depth is mainly in all the options rather than how you actually play the levels, but it is still addicting me.

I am running knights (lvl 7), power archers lvl 7 (essentially a lvl 17 archer; at lvl 10 you chose damage or speed and I chose damage) and healers (lvl 4 or 5) as my only 3 units in the 5th world. My primary skills are the final skill, which randomly summons 1-5 of these 3 units (I have it leveled to lvl 6) and lvl 1 of defense.

I converted the main guy to King form at lvl 10 for the higher armor. The Golden Hammer skill that comes with King form costs 80 mana and does 400 damage to start (4-5 hits of that), so its not too usable without pumping mana regen.

I converted the Molerine to Cleric form, and he does a mild free AOE heal every now and then plus trident damage. Not totally clear it was worth the gold to fuss with him, but you have to have some variety.

Large groups are a problem with my build since the only AOE I have is lvl 1 Golden Hammer or the lvl 1 Firewave thing. Bombers start really weak and are expensive to level. Provided my luck with the summons is ok, I can tank, heal and cut through fast enough even without any real AOE, but I may have to level golden hammer eventually.

I havent levelled any of the other heroes up to 10, so not sure if you get useful powers. Tough to get the coins for everything.

Last edited by ArtNJ; 06-30-2012 at 02:01 PM..
Old 07-03-2012, 04:03 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNJ View Post
It does get grindy, and the depth is mainly in all the options rather than how you actually play the levels, but it is still addicting me.

I am running knights (lvl 7), power archers lvl 7 (essentially a lvl 17 archer; at lvl 10 you chose damage or speed and I chose damage) and healers (lvl 4 or 5) as my only 3 units in the 5th world. My primary skills are the final skill, which randomly summons 1-5 of these 3 units (I have it leveled to lvl 6) and lvl 1 of defense.

I converted the main guy to King form at lvl 10 for the higher armor. The Golden Hammer skill that comes with King form costs 80 mana and does 400 damage to start (4-5 hits of that), so its not too usable without pumping mana regen.

I converted the Molerine to Cleric form, and he does a mild free AOE heal every now and then plus trident damage. Not totally clear it was worth the gold to fuss with him, but you have to have some variety.

Large groups are a problem with my build since the only AOE I have is lvl 1 Golden Hammer or the lvl 1 Firewave thing. Bombers start really weak and are expensive to level. Provided my luck with the summons is ok, I can tank, heal and cut through fast enough even without any real AOE, but I may have to level golden hammer eventually.

I havent levelled any of the other heroes up to 10, so not sure if you get useful powers. Tough to get the coins for everything.
thanks for the info! In my first game, lvl'd the original soldier to 10, at which point you can give him a ranged attack (at a cost to def) or a boost to def, kinda like a cheap knight with less offense. I went for range, thinking my soldiers would do more damage from further away, but unfortunately I think it just means they'll attack flying units (i was only at lvl 3-4 or something like that). I also threw some coin into the tactics that increase crystal regen and decrease unit cost, to very little effect. Not being able to play earlier levels was a misstep, in my opinion, but it is still pretty fun to play.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgmind View Post
Not being able to play earlier levels was a misstep, in my opinion, but it is still pretty fun to play.
Yes. The normal levels are pretty easy for the most part, but the boss levels are tough. And they arent great places to grind, so its a bit of a problem.

The real problem is that the strategic depth is an illusion. In the later chapters, I ended up leveling and using *only* 3 units, knights, archers (you might be able to use wizards instead) and healers, and zero heroes. I spent gold on others, but they didnt seem useful, and I had to focus in to clear the game.

At the very least, the heroes need a bump in power so its a no brainer to level 2 of them. I mean they are selling the ability to use a 3rd as an IAP, and currently there is no reason to use 2, much less 3.

After you clear the game, there is another bonus chapter. No survival level.