★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

App approval experiencing unexpected delays...

05-28-2009, 01:02 PM
App approval experiencing unexpected delays...

We got an email from Apple last Friday saying that our game Tipix is experiencing unexpected delays and that they have no further information to provide at this time.

We followed-up with them but they said the same thing in response.

Just wondering if this is something universal that all developers are experiencing right now (maybe because of WWDC) or did we just catch some bad luck?

Thanks!

Visit us at http://www.touchsmiths.com!
Follow us on Twitter!
Tipix 1.3 is OUT NOW! Loco Moto is OUT NOW!

Last edited by Touchsmiths; 05-28-2009 at 02:50 PM.
05-28-2009, 02:43 PM
my game (Simple Corners) in review since May 21.

If you want to be notified about new games, visit iPlayful page on facebook and become a fan.
If you are interested in game development, follow me on twitter.

05-28-2009, 03:04 PM
isnt 1-2 weeks approval time the average these days?
05-28-2009, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeout View Post
isnt 1-2 weeks approval time the average these days?

I suppose so... but Apple seemed to go out of their way to let me know about a delay when it was only in review for 6 days.

From my experience, Apple tends to not say anything until you ask.

Visit us at http://www.touchsmiths.com!
Follow us on Twitter!
Tipix 1.3 is OUT NOW! Loco Moto is OUT NOW!
05-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Send a message via AIM to HeyBuddy
We've had issues.

... at HeyBuddy -

Our PAID version of our APpp got through in 1-2 weeks.. and the FREE version is still being scrutinized. Not sure if they are delayed or what... but liar's free has been in the aproval process since April 30th. Ouch
05-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchsmiths View Post
We got an email from Apple last Friday saying that our game Tipix is experiencing unexpected delays and that they have no further information to provide at this time.

We followed-up with them but they said the same thing in response.

Just wondering if this is something universal that all developers are experiencing right now (maybe because of WWDC) or did we just catch some bad luck?

Thanks!
Think of it like a bag check at the airport. Your app, for whatever reason, is going through an additional review. For us, our delay was only 5 days. They wanted to check that we had legal rights to display the ColorTilt artwork in our screenshots. At least that's what we thought the delay was about - we never found out for sure.

Developer at IMAK Creations, creator of ColorTilt and other lesser known apps, like That Ain't It!
Blog, twitter
05-28-2009, 09:19 PM
BTW

2 Mouse House Updates and
Mouse House Lite release

Were all approved in 7-8 days each
over the last 3 weeks.
05-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to jbmoney13
Just wanted to add some input, "Mummy's Revenge" was submitted on 5/22, still in review and I was not expecting it to be out of review till about 5/31 or even 6/1.

I do have a question, if you were to make a minor change in the app description does that restart your place in line? I made the change on 5/23 and I am wondering whether I lost a day.

Respectfully,
JB / Apptastic Apps (Facebook Page)
Developing Quality Games: Check Out: Mummy's Revenge - Mummy's Revenge Lite (Free)
http://www.apptasticapps.com Twitter: - twitter.com/apptastic
05-28-2009, 10:10 PM
I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

--Eric

Realmaze3D on the App Store
Realmaze3Free: 3 free mazes (a taste of Realmaze3D)

Last edited by Eric5h5; 05-28-2009 at 10:12 PM.
05-28-2009, 11:20 PM
Underworlds 1.11 rejected after a long wait because we have an option to turn off vibration which the Touch doesnt have. Off course on the Touch it does nothing and that feature has been in for a month now in the previous version.

/sigh