★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iFishing Lite

11-23-2008, 09:50 AM
iFishing Lite

iFishing Lite is out. Now you can fish for free on your iphone/touch.

iTunes Link

Please spend some time with the game and leave a review of the game, I'd like to hear your opinions.

Apps: Mech Pilot, Zombies HD, Zombies The Last Stand, iFishing (and all spinoffs), Puppet Jump, Pocket Farm, Dark Raider, Blue Skies, and more! (www.RockingPocketGames.com)
11-24-2008, 01:52 PM
I tried to search for "iFishing" and was surprised to not see your game. I did find it once I searched for "fishing" - it's "i Fishing". Weird. I'd suggest changing it to "iFishing". Anyway, unfortunately I couldn't try the game out yet because I got the dreaded, "there isn't enough space..." message. Sigh. Need to do some house cleaning....
11-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Actually I just changed this yesterday. I found that the iTunes search doesn't search for substrings. So if people search for fish or fishing, ifishing wouldn't turn up because it needs to start with 'i'.

Thought this could potentially hurt the app's visibility so I changed it.

Apps: Mech Pilot, Zombies HD, Zombies The Last Stand, iFishing (and all spinoffs), Puppet Jump, Pocket Farm, Dark Raider, Blue Skies, and more! (www.RockingPocketGames.com)
11-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGGuy View Post
Actually I just changed this yesterday. I found that the iTunes search doesn't search for substrings. So if people search for fish or fishing, ifishing wouldn't turn up because it needs to start with 'i'.

Thought this could potentially hurt the app's visibility so I changed it.
Well, that's a good point. Perhaps what you should do is call it "iFishing Fish Fishing". ;^)

Seriously lacking search engine Apple has there.